BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Tampa/St Pete area the first week of April. Any suggestions on a fishing trip(s). I might go fishing solo or I might have my wife and 10 year old with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is tons of fishin down in that area. just look around you will see some good spots to try. Have some good top water stuff to chuck around bridges and canals. your best bet for bait would be shrimp(live) get them at 1 of a millon bait shops in the area. If you want the best bait get a 5 ft cast net and look for the green backs(saltwater shiners)around a low tide. look toward the gulf side(St.pete bch/Treasure Island/Johns Pass) it will be spring and the bays and back waters still might be a little cool. As for the kids just put a little piece of shrimp on a small hook and they will catch something. We used a little float with the shrimp and my kids had a blast with catchin pinfish,grunt and small grouper.I liked to float the green back kinda like a bloodworm on the jetties. I was catchin speckeled trout,spanish mackeral along with some small snook and redfish. Good luck and have fun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
No boat.... no problem! Lots of places to wander and wade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts