BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday PM had 4 takes, hooked the last around 8PM 2 1/2 hours & about 3 miles later landed longer than 6 ft, heavily bodied tarpon. Relatively small black & purple fly. My son Seans' last day here & he did an excellant job of boat handling. Large function coming up this week-end on No-Name Key. fifth year running with around 65 people last year. Hope some of you are getting out.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Wow, sounds like a fish of a life time Sparse. That is a long time to fight a fish and have everything hold up, including you. I can imagine there must of been many hairy moments. Great job.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Ron,
Glad that you guys teamed us on a Tarpon on the fly! Conrats to you. And who better to share this with other than your son? The memories are the best part of the fight.
Have fun at your annual gathering of freinds. Call when you get home. I look forward to a long drift on quiet water and us two catching up.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good words & yes this was the largest tarpon that I have had to the boat. It was well over 6 feet & has been estimated at 125-135lbs. As my hands are still healing I am longing for some lighter, much lighter, ones.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Just to jump a Tarpon is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Well done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts