BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been out for them yet? Got the boat out and cleaned up this past weekend so looking to out this Sunday just wanted to see if anyone's been out. Not looking for anythiing specific just seeing if anyone's been catching

Thanks!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I put my boat at the slip on Sunday and if the weather cooperates I plan on giving it a try this weekend also. Hope they are there and hungry!!! Good luck.

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
Water is still cold for a good inshore bite. The magic number seems to be around 42-43 degrees for the bite to improve.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks same to you...a friend of mine did pretty good last sunday...cought 10 fish all over 20lbs...thats a damn good day! Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
692 Posts
thanks same to you...a friend of mine did pretty good last sunday...cought 10 fish all over 20lbs...thats a damn good day! Good luck and be safe!
Just wondering... Are you sure it wasn't 20 fish over #10- just thinking a pic of 10 fish over 20 would be all over the net...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well leithal and billdancejr you guys sold me, I'm gonna get a few rigs, ask around, do some research and have a go at it when I'm down in a few weeks for striper. This way I can be frustrated with two fish species that won't bite my line haha!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well leithal and billdancejr you guys sold me, I'm gonna get a few rigs, ask around, do some research and have a go at it when I'm down in a few weeks for striper. This way I can be frustrated with two fish species that won't bite my line haha!!!
If you are down here in a few weeks and can get out on a boat fishing over a wreck you will catch them. Last year the third week in April I had 5 of us limit out in less than an hour. We were throwing keepers back in to keep bigger fish. If you can't get out on a boat I know guys that do very well fishing right on the jetties fishing in/over the rocks. Green crab and some rigs you get at a tackle shop or tie yourself will work great!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hopefully by that time the water warms up some and the fish start moving inshore. 40 mile runs to catch tog is a little crazy, but worth it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Excellent info guys thank you for the help, I have a boat but not big enough for the ocean. From what I'm reading though I can anchor up next to a bridge or next to submerged structure in the bay. Hopefully I get a bite or two.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mattanker - I have a 18ft center consol...only take it to the reefs but for tautog you can anchor up next to any bridge, dock, or get close to jetty and you will definatly catch some tautog...my best tautog fishing has been next to bridges (but Ive never gone out in the ocean for them) Give it a try its fun!

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you have the means...jump on one of the trips with a smaller boat and Captain. Even though I have my own boat, I always go once or twice with five of my friends with a Captain who kicks butt in the Forked River area. We always have a ball...

Frank :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts