BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taylors Bait & Tackle Store is going out of business. The prices are reduced and he wants to move everything ASAP.
Help him out if you can.
Jim Taylor is a really nice guy, a good friend and was always willing to share his great fishing knowledge & expertise with everyone. I'm sorry I missed his annual Christmas party last week. It was always a good time.
Always sorry to see another good B&T go.
Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Thats a shame. Very nice people and always had some nice fresh clams to pick up right next to home.

What I dont understand is that my cousins always get me some gift certificates from Taylors for the holidays. Got $50 yesterday. Why would he still give them out if he knew he was closin up shop??

RyanF

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hey Gator,the Christmas Party was a good time as always and yes its ashame another tackle shop closes.Ryan, he will still be fixing rods and reels from his house the last i heard.Also he is located in Essington PA. right off of 95 and 420.
Thanks to JIm Taylor and good luck!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
do you guys know his store hours for the rest of winter and when he will actually be closing? i would like to get down there and spend my gift certificates and thanks him for the clams all these years.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taylors phone # 610 521 5015. Hours are announced on the message if he doesn't answer.
I can only say from my experience that if he sold you a gift certificate that he would stand by it.
I saw him 2 weeks ago. He didn't mention closing.I assume that the decision was made after that time.
I actually found out by stopping bye to get a gift for my brother. His friend was working the shop and told me the news. I grabbed a couple of 17A Bombers for $3 ea. I asked if I should post the sale on this site.
Once again-great guy-sorry he's closing.But if that's what he is doing-help him out if you can and get a deal in the process. The more people he sends away with a smile the better he'll feel.
Just my opinion.
Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jim is absolutely the best. He should be open thru the 1st of the year. The xmas party was great too many oysters!!! Most of the good stuff is gone. He will be doing rod reel repairs also. There was a guy in there the other day who was buying stuff to re-sell on ebay. I know everyone needs to make a buck but what a loser. Here Jim is trying to pass on to his loyal customers a final thankyou and this yahoo is taking advantage. Sorry to rant but I felt I had to. Dumb guy anounced it in front of other people....he did'nt stay long after that. The best to Jim, truely a class act. Fish8

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Called him today. Said hes closin at 6 until thursday and friday and hes staying open til 8.

i may go all out and get him some cash too instead of my gift certificates.

once again, torrible what happens tosome of these great little shops

RyanF

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was there yesterday, Jim will slowly be closing out his store,until most of his stock is gone. Everything is on sale with discounts up to 40 to 50 percent on some items.
check him out.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
go 420 south make left at light rt291 go to next light Turks/wawa turn right..Just before you go in water turn left, taylors is right there

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
went the other day. 100 dollars of plastics and bucktails for 60 bucks. Gulp shrimp, zooms, fin-s, assasins, fishbites, wildeyes.

Good guy, gave me his cell and said he may still be getting fresh clams if he finds some refrigeration for his house. also rod and reel repairs

RyanF

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check your tide charts if your going. If it's high tide go around the back of the building- serious- high tide makes it into the street everyday and it's deep coming in the front.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
i went thru almost 2 ft of water saturday, and then theres that hole :eek:

[ 01-05-2006, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: paul708 ]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts