BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally updating my 26 Wahoo. Replacing the teak covering boards on the gunnel. Looking for 3 3/4" to 1" boards 9" X 10' lenghts good quality. Any suggestions on dealer in NJ.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is a place on RT#73 In winslow, Near the Expressway Blue Anchor Ramp. Its A Teak wharehouse , nothing but teak. If your going north from the exit I belive its right before the Stemfitters local 322 Union Hall. and the motel which was the Winslow Motor Lodge. I Belive the name of the place is called Globel Teak.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have also dealt with the place on 73 - Global Teak it is, web site: http://www.globalteak.net/ Ask for Michael he is always there. He has some good stuff but it's all rough sawn. You would need to join, plane and cut each piece. The Lumberman has most of the stock machined for you - it will cost more but not too many of us have the equipment mentioned above.

Good Luck,
Jamie

·
Registered
416 Posts
Another possibility is US Mahogany in Aberdeen, NJ. They are right off exit 117 on the Parkway. I think most of their exotic woods are in the rough too, but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have a piece on my rack

13/4"x71/4"x12'4" surfaced 4 sides

I'm asking $150.00 (less than half the cost of one of the above mentioned yards)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sequoia Supply in Pa has it and other options. I used IPE to make new hatches and trim plates. Resistant to insects, decay and you can stain to peserve the color(deep cherry) or let it go(patina silver)..It is a little heavier than teak but it last for ever!! They deliver or you can pick it since it is such a small amount. John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts