BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok got permission from Russ to do a teaser swap (started in another thread). The way it works is you will tie 10 teasers, send them to me with a stamp in the envelope (for return of your teasers), I'll split them up and send them back out to you (with pictures posted up here of course). 1 of the teasers tied will be done for charity (either Russ's or some other one to be determined - I just like the idea of donating a teaser) the other 9 will go out to the guys who participated in the swap. Let's shoot to get the flies to me by March 1st. We've got 3 so far. Next 4 who respond with interest will be in. The reason I'm posting this in here and not the fly forum is that I don't really fly fish lol...but I use teasers a whole heck of a lot!

1) igotworms
2) Don Friel - got teasers
3) Henry2 - got teasers
4) Shrottz - got teasers
5)NoVisibleLeader
6)billc - got teasers
7)fishtrek - got teasers
8)
9)
10)

I'll update this first post with names as guys respond. The two other names were the guys who responded to my other post with interest. I'll PM out my address when we get this full for you guys to send the teasers to.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I'm out this year; just don't have the time. I really need to finish the livingroom project :eek: It was great the last few years with the all the really talented guys. Thanks for all the help to teach the novice along the way guys. It was much appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't mind mind fly guys count me in...
Not at all, you're in! I've dabbled in fly fishing freshwater when I lived up in Clinton, just never made the transition to salt water. I just posted this over in the fly forum referencing this thread.

Need 5 more...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got 5 guys, just need 5 more! I've got mine tied and ready to go, just need a few more guys to do the swap.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Feed Back

Just finished tying a trout fly assortment for the Bucks county Trout unlimited benefit banquet and need feed back on the two Thunder creek glass streamers.

Now onto the teasers.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just finished tying a trout fly assortment for the Bucks county Trout unlimited benefit banquet and need feed back on the two Thunder creek glass streamers.

Now onto the teasers.
Looking good! I'm a sucker for anything using epoxy for the head, all my teasers have them. I love the way it looks and how it really adds that extra flair or something to flies/teasers. Here is what I thing I may use for the swap...this was my first try at an epoxy teaser. I've made a few since and they turned out alot better (this one was kind of rounded and also the epoxy didn't go all the way to the back of the hook).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks, I was thinking of going with the same but now I see you have that covered big time I will do something else. Are you using five min epoxy? If so that looks very neat. I use clear-goo and Bug Bond. UV cured works great and fast. I like your color combo as well. Good job cant wait to see it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I was thinking of going with the same but now I see you have that covered big time I will do something else. Are you using five min epoxy? If so that looks very neat. I use clear-goo and Bug Bond. UV cured works great and fast. I like your color combo as well. Good job cant wait to see it.:thumbsup:
Thanks! I'm a big fan of the blurple color scheme. I'm actually using Devcon 30 min epoxy. I made a turner (bbq rotisserie lol) for turning them so the epoxy doesn't drip. I've used the 5 min, but its only water resistant and tends to be very yellow. I'll only use it now if I need to tie something right before I go fishing lol (by the time I get to the beach it's not really tacky anymore and it's fishable lol).

Feel free to tie whatever you want. Doesn't matter if there is dup's, everybody's will still be different. I like the halloween looking fly on the right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Finished the tying on my cheeses simple little teasers. Need to get some eyes then uv the heads. I will send a picture when complete. I need to express caution with the teasers, they are not wall mounting or fit for a shadow box, they are fishing fly’s and for fishing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Fly’s are done and ready to swap! Delivery system not included.

Caution : keep out of reach from your fish tank.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fly’s are done and ready to swap! Delivery system not included.

Caution : keep out of reach from your fish tank.
They look great! I'll PM you with my address to send them to. Right now we've got 6 guys...so what I'm thinking is still send all your teasers, and hopefully I'll get another 4...it not I'll just send the extras back to you.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When you guys are done tying, shoot me a pm, email, or reply here and I'll shoot you my address.

Still looking for a few more guys...If we don't get 10, unless anyone can think of a better idea, I'll just return the balance of the teasers to you guys to use for your personal stashes :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you have extra do more for charity.
Here are mine.
I'm with Billc, no need to send any of my own extras back. I'm sure you can find someone who can use them. I sent mine off to you this morning. They should be up there in a few days. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts