BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
Nice :thumbsup: I want to make some small grass shrimp type teasers for the early spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
That's too funny. I went out last night to buy thread and ended up with a new bobbin, Flashbou and hooks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just seen some of your other teasers in another thead...you got me goin ...now i want to make some...can you help get me started?never did it before...:)
Its really not hard. the first few times i did it, they looked bad. You'd be better off getting all your info from someone more experienced than me.
I lay a base of wraps around the hook, from the eye to the bend. then do my first wrap down by the bend. then more hair on a second wrap up by the eye. I am in no way very good. I'm slow and careful. I cement all my wraps.
Gonna do some yellows and pinks next. Although black or blurple are the spring go-to's for night
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Its really not hard. the first few times i did it, they looked bad. You'd be better off getting all your info from someone more experienced than me.
I lay a base of wraps around the hook, from the eye to the bend. then do my first wrap down by the bend. then more hair on a second wrap up by the eye. I am in no way very good. I'm slow and careful. I cement all my wraps.
Gonna do some yellows and pinks next. Although black or blurple are the spring go-to's for night[/QUOT did you make the blue one i seen on the 3 favorite surf lures thread?that one looks awsome...i want to make some for fluke fishing...i bet i catch 8 out of 10 fish on the teaser...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Looks like a good batch eelball..

Here is my strategy.... I sit down at the bench to tie as many deceivers and sandeels as possible to use on my flyfishing adventures. Those that I like the looks of (about 70%) go into the fly boxes... the other 30% go into the teaser bag :huh: .

I do tie up a whole mess of siwach hooks every winter and use them for just about everything.... new hooks for metals, tail hooks for new plugs that come with trebles, old beat-up striper plugs that are now relegated to bluefish bombing. Bucktail is the usual plan, but the last couple batches have had some hackle tied in too. It just looks better when in the water... kinda "breathes"...

Lotsa crazy glue, lotsa Sally Hansen Hard as Nails.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Its really not hard. the first few times i did it, they looked bad. You'd be better off getting all your info from someone more experienced than me.
I lay a base of wraps around the hook, from the eye to the bend. then do my first wrap down by the bend. then more hair on a second wrap up by the eye. I am in no way very good. I'm slow and careful. I cement all my wraps.
Gonna do some yellows and pinks next. Although black or blurple are the spring go-to's for night

More expierienced than you????

I used to think FM Tuna was surely the best fisherman on the island-Then I met you-and you are a serious contender! Now I just dont know anymore!!!:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More expierienced than you????

I used to think FM Tuna was surely the best fisherman on the island-Then I met you-and you are a serious contender! Now I just dont know anymore!!!:huh:
Why are you even clicking on a teaser thread? You dont use them right? they only catch small fish, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
total spot burner-burnt my spot too-i was only trying to give him a compliment-and make amends just in case i mighta been a little put off by how he burnt my spot-then he was a total jerk to me-I dont burn spots-when I hear there is a good bite going on in another spot than mine-I wish the boys well-and dont go-I let them catch the fish there-and that is the right thing to do-not go to everyspot around until I find out where-that is just weak-sorry eelball I'd a been your boy for life-now I got real friends to worry about- lanky c14-lol
Please Albi, tell us how he burned your only spot:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
I was only trying to be nice to the guy-tell him I thought he was a great fisherman-and he dissed me-I'm prolly the nicest guy here-And I have 100 fisherman who'll back me up on that-I'm not trying to argue-I thought the guy was totally amazing-and he hurt my feelings:( its not my fault he's mean-
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top