BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good diagram on the web for rigging teasers? I have always done em the best way I could when needed but would like a diagram for the kids. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
thats my favorite - dont get a tangle like some of the longer setups - Im trying to find a page I thought I had saved in my favorites - Ill keeep looking

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Red,

I use the same set up except I leave the loop about 8 inches long. I put the teaser directly on the loop (sort of similar to the way a palomar knot is tied), it eliminates the potential for tangling.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hey guys where is a good place to get some teasers ? mostly be using them with bombers and some poppers.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Contact Bill Donovan at NJ Angler for his teaser rig. Best one I know.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Red_Cherokee, Iuse teasers alot and I have used a dropper loop like above,but now am using a barrel swivel from my braided line to the flourocarbon leader. I'll tie my teaser from the top ring of my swivel. It seems to decrease tangles and it is easy to cut off or re-add when changing lures.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by sic yakker:
Red_Cherokee, Iuse teasers alot and I have used a dropper loop like above,but now am using a barrel swivel from my braided line to the flourocarbon leader. I'll tie my teaser from the top ring of my swivel. It seems to decrease tangles and it is easy to cut off or re-add when changing lures.
I do the same!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What I do that works great that Capt Buck taught me is this.I tie a barrel to the braid with a cinch knot,just leave the tag end long.Run off the length you want your flouro leader to be and attach your snap or tie directly to the plug.Just tie the teaser to the tag end.It will stay stiff and rarely tangles.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hotshot----I like that method as well...it definetley reduces the amount of tangles...I especially like fishing a teaser in combo with a crystal minnow :D ......Mike

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also sounds like a good idea hotshot. Hey Skip, if you use it I'll use it. I still maintain you could catch fish in a puddle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts