BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im replacing the steering on my boat and have been told to use this system, can anyone tell me where they got theres and how much, im just trying to get the best deal. i already tried eastern marine and they dont carry the NFB systems?? thanks

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Storm, where did you buy yours?? i did a search online, and found a couple, i was just seeing if there were any Barn sponsors that had a better price??

·
Registered
521 Posts
Memory loss, but might have been west marine. Installed it myself, the only hard part was finding the correct cable length. If I can remember I'll post it. I think all the prices were close.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i called teleflex and they told me how to measure to get the right length. i couldnt read the stamped print on the cable, i need a 17' cable. any input would be appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
572 Posts
I got mine from an Ex sponsor here is there dealer search page. http://cust-inq.tfxmarine.com/default.aspx
Just a quick look shows Lacey Marine, King Marine Outboard , Spring Garden Marina. I have Used King Marine and Spring Garden before I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. You will love that you can let go of the wheel and the boat doesn't turn .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
If you can afford it go with the Baystar Hydraulic system. You will never be sorry you spent the extra money. I replaced my NFB with hydraulic and should have done it years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts