BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. I'm new to the Barn. I fish primarily from Shark River through Barnegat but I must say Townsend Inlet looks like a nice striper area to me. I've only ever fished it in the summer and have done well with weakfish but it's a pretty good hike for me to get there. Anyone know if it's worth it for stripers in the spring?

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Welcome to the Barn Jersey Joe. Someone with knowledge of TI will respond. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Joe,
T&I is a great place for strippers in the spring.If you like deep water fishing with eels or clams , fish near the bridge. There is 40 to 50 foot of water there. If you like to plug, than fish the north side of the inlet just past the little rock pile. There is a sand bar there and the bass are there sunrise & sunset, outing tide is best.

Good luck and I believe you will think the ride is worth it. (if you kill em)

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
The ones heading into the inlet are a duller brownish and pale whitish stripes, greenish silverish wash in color. The ones heading out are sparkeling silver with a dark black back, joined by distinct stripes alternating between the two colors with silvery grey highlites. Things of beauty either or.

[ 03-07-2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Registered
228 Posts
My wife and I fish TI every year for bass (by boat). By far, we have had the most consistent catches up against the bar that parallels the inlet on the north side. It can be a bit challenging to drift it, usually takes one person almost full time at the controls to stay close enough to the bar to work the drop off, but it has been worth it.

John
Avalon, NJ

[ 03-10-2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: jjn3 ]

·
Registered
19,704 Posts
If you go to fish there at night and the guys in the parking lot start flashing their lights at you.... don't stop.

·
Registered
19,704 Posts
Those would be the trouser trout fisherman... lookin to hookup.... :eek:

By the way, what does a gay horse eat?

Haaaaaaaaaay! :D

[ 03-15-2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: fmTuna ]

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
fm, there is no way that the townsend inlet parking lot is a gay hangout. The cops in sea isle would have a field day with that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fags under TI bridge?? Now thats special. There used to be a troll or two....

·
Registered
698 Posts
HAHAHA I was fishing there at night in December and there was only one car in the lot....with steamed up windows. Assuming it was high school kids on a friday night though.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Jersey Joe - no worry

The "real" bridge rats (four-legged kind) keep the weirds one away. No sandal footwear at TI. Thick rubber boots with Korkers. "The rocks move at night."

It is a differnet story outside Somers Point at the Kielinger Pier and Drag Island.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts