BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That rod I broke two weeks ago was fixed and returned again in less than a week, for the flat $25.00 charge. You just can't beat their service. The action of their rods is excellent too. I have 4 of their rods and it is the third time I have had to get repairs and not of the breaks were due to faulty manufacturing. Two while casting plugs with rod in holder and one had something fall on it. Best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Ray I know a lot of flyers who speak well of Temple Fork. Glad you got good service. Ron

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good deal Ray---just sent a relativly expensive rod back for repair(un-repairable, stepped on). Certain companies are good to deal with.

BTW---headed off the beach early this am(10 miles-E), and it got snotty real quick. Those big blue fella's are still around.
No bass.

REN

·
Administrator
7,494 Posts
Good deal Ray---just sent a relativly expensive rod back for repair(un-repairable, stepped on). Certain companies are good to deal with.

BTW---headed off the beach early this am(10 miles-E), and it got snotty real quick. Those big blue fella's are still around.
No bass.

REN

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eelinfool, I am confused, your post was signed REN.

If you are new to the barn, welcome

Ren, who is who?

Temple fork never asks how it was broken, they replace the whole top section or in some cases the whole rod. Super company.

·
Administrator
7,494 Posts
REN is Chris.
Eelinfool is some fool that was using my computer(was logged in under that handle) ---and is actually scared of eels.

The company I sent my rod back to doesn't ask any questions either...ain't a bad thing.

Haven't busted a temple fork, YET.

& those pic's of the point are a little depressing.

REN

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to pull boat by the 15th. Marina here in the harbor wants to shut the ramp at that time so I only have a small window of opportunity left. It is just no fun fishing in heavy wind and cold. You have a small open boat so you know what I mean, it make you appreciate those warm summer nights. Good to have you back on line.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I sure wish that Temple Fork would sell their blanks. I'd love to build a rod using their blank, and some higher-end components.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe, I don't know about making a rod. If I spent all that time and then broke it, I would be sick. I would bet when you fish alot, sooner or later you end up breaking a rod, it is going to happen. I say buy a ready made rod with warranty, use it, enjoy it and relax and if it breaks send it away. It just won't look as nice as one you custom make. I will let you make me one as long as I can return it for repairs!!!!!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Been there already. Spent a lot of time building a custom 9wt rod last winter only to have the ferrule bust apart while casting it in the spring. After a hack job of fixing it, it still works, but with some spider cracks in the top of the ferrule, it won't last against many fish. I might save all the components I can and build another one in the future.

Rod building is fun, especially in the winter, and the risk of breaking a rod shouldn't be a reason not to build one ;) .

[ 11-30-2004, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I hope I never hhave to use the service but it is good to know they are a pleasure to work with.

Whenever people ask me what to get to start with I tell em a temple fork and a teton tioga.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts