BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday was a last minute booking for Sa, Steve, and Jay who were planning to play all night in Atlantic City then fish the day... wouldn't it be nice to be young again... :cool:
Left the dock at 7:30 looking for a few fluke.
Found the fish... but coulda used a rolling pin... ;)
The guys boated around 20 short Fluke, missed a few, and put 2 keepers in the cooler to bring home. Had a few bluefish bite-offs--- tough on the tackle inventory--- but one must not have sharpened his choppers.

A little sleepy, but hanging in there

Dinner

Please check out my OPEN BOAT schedule for Memorial Day weekend.

[ 05-27-2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Rich A ]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Capt Rich,
I saw you out there on Tuesday and was fishing the same area for a few hours. I had 5 shorts but no keepers. I noticed your fares were using a different method than I usually do and they were hooking up more often than I was also. I tried it myself for a little while and ended up gut hooking a 16" fluke with a circle hook. The rest of the fish were landed the more conventional way. I'm not going to give away your secrets but would be interested in more details if you feel like providing any. I was going to try the clam stakes in the mouth if the river after the bite died (for me anyway)about halfway through the rising tide. Fog bank hit just as I got there and visibility went down to about 100'. I have a radar which helped me feel my way up the river to my marina but a GPS chartplotter just moved up on my wish list.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish Hawk...
The method I was using was working well... shoot me an e-mail and I'll try to help ya out. We didn't have any gut hooked fish... and once I explain a couple things you'll see why. ;)
When the bite died for us... just after the fog set in... I moved over to the stakes near the fish house and they were biting there...

GPS Chartplotter.... don't leave home without it... :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
A little sleepy?? The guy holding the bluefish is slepping, isn't he? Hopefully you had a calm day because those guys don't look like they could take any rock'n and roll'n.

Maybe we'll see you guys on saturday. Can't decide between Absecon or GB. We'll be in a 22'Proline WA. Most likely just me and my dad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts