BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, July 16th :

Tough Day!!!... With NOAA screwing up the forecast AGAIN and a 15-20 kt. wind that wasn't supposed to be there... I had Scott Freeland out looking to score on some fluke... We made it outside and were able to get 1 and a half drifts in at the reefsite but it was a little uncomfortable with a confused chop. So to the bay we went. Unable to get a decent drift and the loads of grass in the bay... no fish made it to the dinner table. One promising note was a short Weakfish... this is a good sign as it might be time to do a little chumming in the "normal" spots for the Weaks.

Saturday July 17th :

I had Mike and Rita Pickert back down for some Flukin'. Started the day at 7:30am and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the ocean was once we cleared the inlet. A nice rolling sea... clear... and a beautiful blue... I have not seen this nice of water this close in a long time. Working the LE Reefsite with the rest of the fleet, we were able to box 5 fluke to 18". had a few throwbacks and 1 nice Seabass.
I was happy to see the fish biting out front... bottom water temps moved up some... and it will only get better from here.... From the reports I am getting from dive boats... there are ALOT of fluke hanging around the reefsites and the wrecks. Now is the time to get out there. ;)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hi Rich,I am happy to hear the fluke are starting to bite outside.I have been running all of my trips in the bay , not even attempting to get outside due to the colder water.I called you on the radio on Saturday and proceeded to hold a conversation with the wrong Rich for 5 mins. Once the guy said he was heading to the spencer I said to my self, I don't think this is the same guy, and your Saturday report confirmed that.See ya out there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup... wrong guy.. but with the way the ocean looked I wish I was running deep...
There's only 1 "Temptation" around here that I know of... unless there is an imposter.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Capt. Rich,
Nice catch. I heard there was a fleet at the reef this past Saturday. I am thinking of making the run this Saturday if the water temps stay warm. I put 4 in the box this past weekend. Must of caught at least 20 shorts between my buddy and me. Caught a nice fat 4 lb. I was using a 1/2 oz. Spro chartuese/white bucktail tipped w/ mackeral.

Did the Divers say what the bottom water temp was?

Do you remember who I am?

I met you on 7 bridges road last spring. I was the only nut fishing on a rainy night for weakfish and you told me I was fishing on the wrong bridge for the weakies. See you out on water.

Johnny d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts