BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I USUALLY FISH AT THE SHORE BUT WOULD LIKE TO TRY FISHING AND CAMPING SOMEWHERE REASONABLY CLOSE TO THE pHILADELPHIA AREA .
ANY HELP AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED .

THANKS, 1GUNNER

·
Registered
573 Posts
1GUNNER French Creek Park is not too far from you. All the info for Pa. state parks can be found on the internet. They have a nice lake with a launch. It's much easier fishing from a small boat or canoe than from shore. The lake has bass, perch,pickerl,pike,crappies and other panfish. There is also Scotts Run lake a few minutes from the main lake which is stocked with trout for the different seasons and a launch there also. There are also private campgrounds in the area too. The poconos are a little further but plenty of camping and fishing there also and great scenery. Used to go to Promised Land State Park every year some years ago what a great place. They always have bear sightings there. Besides fishing and camping in common our dob is same year but I'm six mos younger lol. Enjoy wherever you go.

Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For The Info

Hey Thanks For The Info Guys It Is Really Helpful. I Think I Might Give French Creek A Try . Not To Far And Sounds Great . Again Thanks

1gunner

·
Registered
677 Posts
cool spot

cool trip is on the delaware river above the gap.check out kittatinny canoes @www.kittatinny.com they have trips with the canoes and drop off services.we took a day trip last year late summer with the kids 8 year old and had a blast. we caught small mouth bass,rock bass,sunnies and i even caught a 14 lb tiger musky.seen eagles and a few other sights on inner tubes wirth checking out:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
french creek is AWSOME!!!! tons of smaller smallies but they have plenty of shoulders. also rock bass. I haven't fished there in several years but did fish up near spring city what a blast tons of fish in a short period of time you can't miss (kiss of death) keep us posted how yu do.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
small mouth bass

look up riverfront campgrounds.com for a great small mouth fishing trip. Its where the susquehanna & juanata rivers come together. they take you up 4 or 6 miles.put you in, you float down to the camp. Its awsome!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shamoo...when was the last time you were at Riverfront? I am thinking about going in late Sept. I was there a number of years ago and it was great. I wonder how they're biting.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
riverfront campgrounds

did a trip two years ago, went october 30th, we were useing crank baits by bomber in craw dad color, got 18 smallies 1 to 3 lbs, however my friend was told by someone who guides on the susquehanna if we had used tubes we would have doubled our catch, also fouled hooked a 20 lb. carp

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
venator, if you want a really good camping trip take a hike up north to a place called Swartzwood Lake, loaded with LMB,SMB,walleye,pickeral,rock bass, crappie,sunnies and trout. Its a glacier lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts