BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For making your Internationals so painfully simple I can easily take them apart, clean, lube and put them back together. This saves me much aggravation.

Also, please make more things in America.

·
Registered
973 Posts
:thumbsup: I just got done doing two 50Ws, three 30Ws a Senator 6/0 and a Jigmaster. Full disassembly with bearings repacked with grease and every internal surface coated with grease. Also greased all the drags with Cal's grease. Took awhile, but should be ready to go now. We also have three new 50VSWs I'm debating immediately pulling apart and greasing the same way I did the others before they see the water.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
We also have three new 50VSWs I'm debating immediately pulling apart and greasing the same way I did the others before they see the water.
At the very least, take the clicker assembly out and grease heavily around it.

I made the mistake of not doing it straight out of the box and while on most it wasn't a problem, i had to cut up and drill out a couple of them.

It'll ensure that the annodizing stays put.. once you lose that the clicker and the sideplate have a tendancy to seize up.

·
Registered
973 Posts
At the very least, take the clicker assembly out and grease heavily around it.

I made the mistake of not doing it straight out of the box and while on most it wasn't a problem, i had to cut up and drill out a couple of them.

It'll ensure that the annodizing stays put.. once you lose that the clicker and the sideplate have a tendancy to seize up.

The clicker plate seems to take quite a beating, even on reels with very little use. I was a bit surprised at the design of them. I would think on a reel that saw a lot of use, at least with the clicker on, that you would have to change that plate out every few years. I took both that plate and the drag plate out, coated the undersides with grease and then remounted them and then coated the outside of the drag plate completely as well before putting the spool back. Literally every surface inside the reels has grease painted on, haha.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I didn't mean the clicker plate, I meant the actually clicker assembly that goes through the handle side plate.

36C on the schematic. Grease the heck out of where it goes through the side plate..

I have to replace the clickers every other year. the plates are fine but the click tongue (part 35) flattens out.

I grease the heck out of the portion of the clamp screws that screw into the frame as well.

Basically, everywhere stainless sits against aluminum gets a lot of grease in my reels. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.