BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to share a story with my fellow Barn members about Ralph at Snug Harbor Marina. I used to dock my boat there for the last three seasons. I sincerely loved it there. Great dockmates, great amenities, tackle shop, parking and mechanics. I moved this year because I got a really good deal on a private slip. I explained my situation to Ralph and he was a complete gentleman. :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago, I launched my boat and tied her up in my new slip. Unfortunately, my shake down cruise revealed a performance issue with my port side motor.
:( Everyone who offered guidance thought it was the VST tank filters. I took the boat over to Snug Harbor because I still want to give Ralph my business. He pulled up schematics of my motors, searched out other possible hidden fuel filters and was going to do the work for me. A few days after dropping the boat off, I got a call from Ralph. He had a funny sound in his voice...actually, he was laughing while he spoke. It turns out I didn't affix one of the spark plug wires properly during spring start up and it popped off. Instead of still doing the service on the VST filters and socking me with a hefty bill, Ralph was happy to advise me that the problem was a simple fix and didn't charge me.

That's HONESTY and INTEGRITY at its finest! He could have easily done the other work in addition to correcting the initial spark plug wire problem and pocketed a chunk of change but he chose not to. He will always have my business!

Thank you Ralph and the great folks at Snug Harbor Marina!!
:bow:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've been at snug since it opened in 2002. The title of your post says it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts