BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THANKSGIVING: Hit the water EARLY Thurs morning with a buddy for a short back bay trip on the incoming tide. There were a few other dedicated fisherman at the boat launch. Unfortunately, the bitter temperatures left some people out in the cold with motor issues, so we had to wait for them to get right back on the trailer. Drifting live eels in any spots where I could find fish marks. After about an hour of searching, the pole gets slammed down and the drag is singing. Less than 15 min later, hooked up again. My friend is primarily a freshwater fisherman, so it was a blast to see him fight his first keeper size striper. The wind picked up, and we were unable to locate any more fish in the back bays. We both went home to enjoy some football and turkey.

BLACK FRIDAY: One of my other good friends just bought a 19ft boat just in time for the striper run, so we went out of Absecon Inlet Friday morning in hopes of finding stripers in the ocean. We turned north out of the inlet and started looking for birds, bait, ANYTHING. Located a few bunker schools on the fishfinder and snagged a few with 8/0 weighted snag hooks. After snagging 2 - 3 fully grown bunker we dropped back down and waited for the big ones.... Unfortunately, the "big ones" were 40 inch dogfish attacking my live bunker. No stripers so we switched tactics and ran to a reef. Found a few keeper tog and black bass mixed in with a bunch of shorts. The fishing wasn't hot and heavy, but Friday was a great day to be out on the water. Back at the ramp I saw a guy taking a pic of a trophy sized bass. It looks like he got it on the troll. The bait is very plentiful in south jersey and the stripers are moving in slowly....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts