BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys are tired of hearing about my little yamaha, but I have to rant.

A couple of weeks ago, I was so frustrated with my yamaha that I was ready to park the boat in camden and wait to file a claim.

I spoke with DUNK and a few days later he came down to take a ride on my little boat. Within a few minutes, we had the problem narrowed down to what I could go back and defend my stance with a yamaha rep.

They claimed that the engine could not be run tilted all the way down. Yet they would not put it in writing.

Long one short, DUNK nailed the problem on the head. I was able to get a tech on the boat and focus on the real problem, not something that was perceived or an educated guess.

For anyone that has used him in the past, you know he is straight shooter and for anyone else that is thinking about a marine surveyor, he has no allegiance to any boat manufacturer or engine maker. He has a true passion for the water and a fondness to make sure others don't get the shaft when buying a boat.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Dunk - A wealth of Knowledge

I agree, Dunk is a no nonsense type of guy and will give you accurate advice on many topics. I used him to survey my boat over a year ago and he is still giving me great advice. He is truley an asset to this board.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
MargaritaVille said:
I know you guys are tired of hearing about my little yamaha, but I have to rant.

A couple of weeks ago, I was so frustrated with my yamaha that I was ready to park the boat in camden and wait to file a claim.

I spoke with DUNK and a few days later he came down to take a ride on my little boat. Within a few minutes, we had the problem narrowed down to what I could go back and defend my stance with a yamaha rep.

They claimed that the engine could not be run tilted all the way down. Yet they would not put it in writing.

Long one short, DUNK nailed the problem on the head. I was able to get a tech on the boat and focus on the real problem, not something that was perceived or an educated guess.

For anyone that has used him in the past, you know he is straight shooter and for anyone else that is thinking about a marine surveyor, he has no allegiance to any boat manufacturer or engine maker. He has a true passion for the water and a fondness to make sure others don't get the shaft when buying a boat.
What he said, Dunks good folk.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
MargaritaVille said:

Well I'm not going to admit to nailing the problem, but maybe I pushed you in another way to describe it to a Yam mech. I'm still saying that center cylinder on that 3 cylinder 50hp Yam is not firing all the time at under 2000rpms. Your guy found a dirty fuel bowl on the top cylinder after the carbs had been cleaned what three times then Yam even replace them at 300 bucks pop. Plus the fact you have that qt size Yam water/filter separator in the fuel line I found it hard to believe it was dirt in the carbs.

Anyway I appreciate what you are saying about me...and I don't care who got it running right... The bottom line is that engine burns fuel and runs the way it should..

Just be careful with it because when we did open her up even with us three big boys in it... That alum beer can flys..

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Dunk is a great asset to this forum. We called him up to check out our Albemarle 2 years ago....he was no BS...and very professional in how he handled everything.

2 years later, I am still learning things from him daily either from asking him questions or reading his replies here. He has a tremendous amount of knowledge of the marine industry and is great to have on your side when you need it!!

Dunk = 2 thumbs up!!!

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dunk said:
Just be careful with it because when we did open her up even with us three big boys in it... That alum beer can flys..
Are you calling my Dad and I fat???? :D:D:D

If you don't want to take credit for it, that is fine with me, but you got me to put a stick in someone's arse and not accept the idea that the engine could not run at a certain angle.:p

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I agree, Dunk is excellent he did the survey for us last year. Very comprehensive, I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Glad to hear you are getting the motor sorted out!

·
Registered
757 Posts
MargaritaVille, have been silently following your ordeal and it sonds like your problems have now been resolved. I am very happy for ya. If I ever need a marine surveyor, I will know who to call. Dunk will get my business. Word of mouth is the best advertising anyone can get. Dunk, kudos for being an honest business man. Best of luck to both of you this year! Tight lines and following seas....

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
thats good news, now can they fix it ? or will they ?

the ideal that the motor won't run on an angle tilled all the way down, realy didn't trem out, what about the ever changeing angle in ruff seas ?

i would expect the carbs tobe more like air craft carbs that fly upside down and not let you down

freedom ots.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
i can tell you that boat can haul azz!!

spent a weekend with jason and crew watch his brother open her up yikes!!

good to see you got it fixed bro

tell al to bring it up to the great white north with us :)

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the engine holds, you might have a partner in crime. With the mrs. being 7 months prego, I will probably not make the trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts