BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, just curious what your solutions are to attaching eyes to deceiver type flies???

I've been tying up angel hair bunkers, deceivers, trying to repair other bunker type flies using various eyes and glue combinations, including fleximent, zap a gap, head cement etc... with the thought of not making a heavy head since I didn't want the jigging action associated with even epoxy type flies....(or that's my perception of epoxy...)

maybe I have to use epoxy, but is it just because I'm fishing sinking lines in the gravel grated north jersey "replenished" coast, or do any of you have problems keeping eyes on your fleyes?

what do you use?

tnx -- Rob

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
GOOP them on. Eyes rarely come off with that miracle cure. And it doesn't add any weight to the fly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Chack out the Tab-Eyes. I think thay come in 1.5, 2, 3 & 4. Just tie the eye on and your done. No weight and dont need glue.
Brad

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks about the tab-eyes...I've heard about them, but given the number of non-tab eyes I already have, I was thinking about a solution for THOSE :D ....
I'll give the goop a try...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wrap fine clear mono over eyes and finish with hard as nails. mono adds bulk and disappears.Very durable. Good Luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Try plastic dolls eyes, with black plastic "pupil" encased in clear plastic dome, available from any craft store, Use small amt of epoxy (5 min or 3 min gel). Moving black pupil provides for rattle (sound) attraction, and incremental weight is negligible. Convinced rattles make a difference, and use these eyes or tie in glass "worm" rattles in most of my flies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts