BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

74' Lobster Boat "Maelstrom" from Atlantic Cape Fisheries, CM. was sunk on the Wildwood Reef at 11AM 4/6/2005. Location 38*57.412'N 74*41.346'W. 62' depth. She went down bow first with a slight list to starboard. Her bow was facing south.

It's no secret that our Artificial Reef Project has been a huge success ever since it's inception back in September 2002. The sinking of our artificial reef #6 is another prime example of the good that comes from our community.

I would like to thank Archie Faulkner aka, "High Wire" for administering this project for us. I'd also like to thank each and every one of you who participated. Without your support and your generous donations none of this would be possible!

THANK YOU!!

Now for Reef #7

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Originally posted by Partnership:
Awesome!
Any chance it will hold fish this Fall???
In 6 months it will have fish on it.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by High Wire:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Partnership:
Awesome!
Any chance it will hold fish this Fall???
In 6 months it will have fish on it. </font>[/QUOTE]and not long after that it will hold some of my rigs :D

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
NICE! ;)

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
TBB# 7 is paid for and currently working on #8.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Anyone know how far south the schooll of macks still are? Of if there are any still down south. I just wonder if there will be any macks off LE inlet after this blow?????

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by bear 13:
Anyone know how far south the schooll of macks still are? Of if there are any still down south. I just wonder if there will be any macks off LE inlet after this blow?????
Ya might wanna take a peak in our Offshore Forum. Look for a thread titled Mack Track

·
Registered
5,270 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Originally posted by apexii:
wow, very impressive. Congrats to everyone who works to make ideas like this possible.

How are these rig's sunken?
Welcome to the barn!
They sink them low tech as possible. Open all the seacocks and wait. They cut 1 square foot holes out of the sides about 2 ft above the waterline. When the water reaches the holes, its gone a minute later. Big ones like our first barge, the tug brings a high capacity pump to fill it faster. If its really big, they bring on the NJSP Bomb Squad and blow holes in the bottom.

[ 05-31-2006, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: High Wire ]

1 - 20 of 56 Posts