BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got all my baits left out of Longreach about 7ish to the flats. After the tide got going started banging fish. A few slots ,then the big girls came. Doubles and triples all by my lonesome. Had to pull a couple rods because of the mayhem............... THAT'S what I would have loved to post for everyone BUT unfortunately it turned otherwise. The boats didn't go for clams I was told and the bellies were rock hard. So armed with 8 bunker I went to longreach. Now don't get me wrong I do quite well with bunker in the Spring. (Usually) OH! by the way Longreach 's ramp was fine and dandy. Put in an hour before low with no problems (or mud):rolleyes: Floaters aren't in yet for you slip guy's though. Proceeded to the flats inside of 19. Two lack luster pickups dropped. moved in around no 1 where I saw bird play and set up but it was just bunker breaking top with no bigguns under. Final move was at the inlet of the Maurice hoping to get one coming in. Yes, the stripes are upon me. And I can live with the skunk (for now) Not a bad day boating wise and the shakedown went without a hitch. Talked to Fizz. They had one throw back,hope you faired better later. I only had the first tide to work so I'm still a little light on research yet. Good news for you weekend warriors is the clam boats most probably were out today to insure you nice fresh for Saturday;)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Way to give it a shot Paul, you had me going there at first:D Good day on the water, boat/engine ran good and safe return. The fish will come on your next trip.

Trying the susky flats tomorrow, will let you know how we make out:cool:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Paul,
great effort, atleast you got out, just a little early for bunker. If your first report was true, I'd be working on my mistress right now.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone,

Rich, after 29 years I'm always workin on the mistress once the temps go over 60:D

Baybee,it's gotta open up soon,just a matter of who's going to be there when it does;)

Spooled that figures as I couldn't wait for the turn (work) seems everyones been getting them on the outgoing(warmer water)

BT and Minor, don't worry you guy's will be out there when it's hot and heavy.

John I hope you did well as some have been catching some pigs down there.

Dreamchaser, Howdy neighbor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts