BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, the ADAM BOMB II had the Jack Comune charter aboard, and we spent the day fishing in and around the beaches from Wildwood to Cape May. Let me say...there is more bait around this year than I have seen in a while! Big, fat, juicy shiners, peanut bunker, mullet, herring, and just about everything else was spotted on top of the water, around structure, and getting puked up by the 1lb. to 3lb. blues we were catching! The action was non-stop, with our first fish coming over the rail five minutes from the dock, and not stopping until we made the run back to the marina. They were going crazy on all sorts of bait from Wildwood Crest to Cape May Point. The water temperature is around 70 degrees, and the mullet, peanuts, herring, and all sorts of other bait are EVERYWHERE! If it stays this way, the fall is going to be insane!

Anyhow, we ended up with close to 200 bluefish, as Jack and his son Scott were keeping track. Last I checked before we headed in, Jack had upwards of sixty and his son was close to fifty, and I also had my brother aboard and he and I weren't even countin'! The fish were all taken on metal and poppers. What a great time!

Come on LINESIDERS!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts