BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses for the boat.... I've been looking at Costa Del Mar's.... How good are they???? Or how about Maui Jims ??? need some help thanks ....

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've got a pair of Costa's and love 'em. Solid glasses with amazing lenses. I have the 580 lens they offer and can't be happier with them.

·
Banned
490 Posts
Kaenon's are pretty damn good! Costa del mar used to be good but the last two pair i was not impressed! i've had these kaenon's for close to a yr and the quality of the lense is better than i've seen before with other brands

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I had Oakley prescriptions and had to replace the lenses twice because the polycarb lenses would scratch up just by breathing on them.. they were the worst glasses I ever owned.

I bought a pair of Maui Jim Volcanos last year ( also prescription) and I think they are awesome. Solid frame, no polycarb.... I am sold on them.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Finjunkie said:
I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses for the boat.... I've been looking at Costa Del Mar's.... How good are they???? Or how about Maui Jims ??? need some help thanks ....
Maui Jims! Try them on, you will see.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I had a $100 pair of arnettes that i loved. They fit well and covered alot of my face. But i lost them. I think i will try a pair of Natives for this summer.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I've been getting two years out of my Maui Jim's then the abuse I give them seem to be the end of them. I'll be buying another pair in a week or so.:D

Don C

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
tell you the truth i love costa's but i just picked up this 20.00 pair from boaters world and there great.. and 180.00 less... i need to send 2 pairs of costas out to be fixed.. one the frame broke.. i did drop them and the other little piece of rubber on the arms is wearing.. but there 5 yrs old

·
Registered
619 Posts
ocean wave's get my vote, last for years. the pair I have now are on their 4th year.
I've had two pairs of maui's, both had problems with the lenses delaminating

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
calcuttas:D i ditch about 4 pairs a season over the side, i like the $15 price tag... and surprisingly, the lenses arent bad. no headaches, polarized, and they cut glare pretty well

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have both the Maui Jim's and the Costas. Think I prefer the Costas for lens quality. I'm actually about to order a new pair of Costas (have fathoms now) with the new 580 lenses. I particularly like the rubber parts of the frames that keep them from sliding off your face / nose. In Cape May both South Jersey Marina and Canyon Club are Costa dealers. We've got a bunch of styles at the Canyon Club to check out. Regardless, I think both brands are great. If you don't lose / destroy your glasses then I think it's worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts