BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this boat float by my parents house behind Sea Isle City for as long as I would care to remember. I have taken many, many a night chopper blue trip with few of them being a disappointment. Never taken a day trip but always here nothing but good things. It is nice to see her in the spring with a new paint job and the steady hum of her workhorse diesels.

I am posting these pictures for several reasons. I think they are great shots of a great boat with a great Captain. The fisherman/lady?s on board look relaxed, enjoying the calm ride back. Even the seagulls look happy. But most of all take notice of her wake. Our house is at the end of a no wake zone, I am sure many of you reading this know about all those weekend warriors out there and how well they adhere to no-wake zones.

The shot without the buoy is further away and he still waited to add a few RPM?s to her speed. I for one thank the Captain as do the other people who own docks on the ICW in Sea Isle. Now if that amount of consideration could only be translated to the other party boats out of SeaIsle maybe there would be fewer rocking boats, docks and people along the ICW in Sea Isle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice shots!!! Capt Mike and crew are top notch and new owner is doing great job continuing the quality standards started by the Robbins family decades ago. Not defending or making excuses for anyone, a great deal of large vessel traffic uses the ICW past your dock[which by the way is one of narrowest portions of the entire waterway for its entire length Maine to Fla,second only to in front of Larsens and a area behind AC] and tide flow, as you know after all your seasons in Sea Isle, can be torrid. Any of the large vessels will make a serious bow wake when bucking the tide in these areas, and your dock being at the beginning/end of a no wake zone, is sometimes a tough area to determine wake,partcularly at night and southbound.Again, not making excuses for anyone or trying to start an argument, but 50 tons of steel or even glass over wood boat isn't like steering your boat around the ICW.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Boat has a new owner this year but I beleive that Captn Mike Weigle is still running it.
Captain Mike is one of the best in the buisness.I have been out on the boat many times and never failed to score fish. He's not scared to make a 2 hour run in the fall to get to the productive spots when wreck fishing. Doesn't fish by the clock either,many times have gotten back to the dock at 5 oclock when the normal time is 4.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
How about the Starfish catamaran?? Sounds like he has BIG engines in the twin hulls.

Miss Avalon II didn't slow at the TI bridge this weekend, made the shoobie's close to the water scurry up the beach, picking up wet towels and coolers. Understand why he did it, to keep power up to manuver when a 18 footer comming the other way insists comming thru the main span.

That TI bridge tender really likes to pick a fight on the VHF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.