BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I write this, and if the Democrat Party Leadership decides to actually have Christine Blasey Ford testify before the Senate, you can bet your bottom dollar she is being coached to give an Academy Award performance.

Expect to witness Ford break into tears, have silent pauses in the middle of a sentence, sniffles, and all the nuances used by Hollywood actors, not to mention the Academy Award moment when a recess or two is given Ford to allow our teary eyed actress to gather herself and recover from an overwhelming distress brought on by recalling events alleged to have occurred between her and Brett Kavanaugh, thirty five years ago ___ events which, by all accounts, are not only uncorroborated, but actually refuted by real live witnesses!

I shudder for the mothers of boys these days, realizing their son could actually be accused and presumed to have committed a sexual assault act, without a shred of evidence, and even when real witnesses testify to the contrary. The good news is, that is the day I believe many mothers registered as Democrats, will change their party affiliation, and condemn the evil actions of political sewer rats whose only objective is a political win, regardless of the suffering they inflict upon those around them.

JWK

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness.___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I would not be the least bit surprised if she does not show up. If she does, yes, I believe it will be as you mention above.

·
Registered
76,191 Posts
Are they sworn for the questioning?

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Good question. Because, as I recall, one of the conditions she wanted for testifying for the committee was that she not be sworn in. I think she absolutely should be and if Grassley allows her to testify without being sworn in, he's out of his ever-lovin mind.

·
Registered
14,201 Posts
I would not be the least bit surprised if she does not show up. If she does, yes, I believe it will be as you mention above.
They are already hinting a no show and it is just what the left is looking for to extend the conformation BUT if what Grassley said holds true he's in and why not the left will continue to fight and resist anyway.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
If she's a no-show Thursday, the vote better be on Friday.

Reactions: jdps150

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Her testimony will be under Oath with no evidence; not even her 'witnesses' coo-berated her story. When concluded, will they lock her up for cause...............

as in, ....cause she was lying

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
One of the conditions she was asking for in order to appear was that her performance not be under oath. She was basically asking for permission to lie as much as she wanted without repercussions. My understanding is they did not grant her this wish. I doubt she appears.

·
Administrator
49,980 Posts
One of the conditions she was asking for in order to appear was that her performance not be under oath. She was basically asking for permission to lie as much as she wanted without repercussions. My understanding is they did not grant her this wish. I doubt she appears.

48 Dems have already said NO

47 Reps have already said yes

R Flake ? Wife and 5 children
D Manchin ? Wife and 3 children
R Collins ? Husband no children
R Murchowski Husband and 2 Children
R Corker ? Wife and 2 Children

They should all be reminded that anyone of their families could have same type of accusations thrown at them and if they allow this sham to continue from here on in the standard in this country will now be GUILTY until you prove your innocence . and even that wont be enough anymore

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
48 Dems have already said NO

47 Reps have already said yes

R Flake ? Wife and 5 children
D Manchin ? Wife and 3 children
R Collins ? Husband no children
R Murchowski Husband and 2 Children
R Corker ? Wife and 2 Children

They should all be reminded that anyone of their families could have same type of accusations thrown at them and if they allow this sham to continue from here on in the standard in this country will now be GUILTY until you prove your innocence . and even that wont be enough anymore
Remember.... that is only if you are white male and Republican.

·
Banned
9,050 Posts
I think she's quite likely being courageous......many abused don't come forward for many years......if ever. It's quite possible she just couldn't live with Kavanaugh getting to such a high & holy position and felt compelled to come forward. Reportedly one in 4 women have been abused...………. one in six men. The contempt among some for her doesn't speak well for fairness .
Why won't Kavanaugh take a lie detector test ? Odd...…
I'm in favor of new FBI investigation...….then decide.

·
Administrator
49,980 Posts
I think she's quite likely being courageous......many abused don't come forward for many years......if ever. It's quite possible she just couldn't live with Kavanaugh getting to such a high & holy position and felt compelled to come forward. Reportedly one in 4 women have been abused...………. one in six men. The contempt among some for her doesn't speak well for fairness .
Why won't Kavanaugh take a lie detector test ? Odd...…
I'm in favor of new FBI investigation...….then decide.
Your fellow nut jobs , ***** and Hirano have said the burden of proof is on Kavanaugh :huh:, how do you disprove a negative ??? Can you do that ?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I don't like the fact that this issue comes up 35 year later. But there are inconsistencies with Kavanaugh and his portrayal of a good catholic boy who led a alter boy life style when growing up. Some have said he had a drinking issue in college including his freshman room mate and his buddy Mark Judge indicated this as well in his book. This in itself does not prove guilt but it contradicts some his portrayal of himself during these years. Dr Ford appears to be a credible and a person of high character. She deserves to be heard without attack but unfortunately the attacks have already begun without hearing her story.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Don't know Krazy8...….I stated my opinion and will wait and see.
Originally Posted by Krazy8

Your fellow nut jobs , ***** and Hirano have said the burden of proof is on Kavanaugh
, how do you disprove a negative ??? Can you do that ?

------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, this is a very typical Lib response to the law, proof, facts, or common sense. - "
Don't know..... I stated my opinion".
I do give you credit, for admitting it, and not being a jackass about it.

The Dem's in the Senate "don't know" either, they also "don't care about proof", and are just trying to wreck a mans career.

·
Administrator
7,206 Posts
I don't like the fact that this issue comes up 35 year later. But there are inconsistencies with Kavanaugh and his portrayal of a good catholic boy who led a alter boy life style when growing up. Some have said he had a drinking issue in college including his freshman room mate and his buddy Mark Judge indicated this as well in his book. This in itself does not prove guilt but it contradicts some his portrayal of himself during these years. Dr Ford appears to be a credible and a person of high character. She deserves to be heard without attack but unfortunately the attacks have already begun without hearing her story.
So then you believe he could possibly be a rapist - I read what she accuses him of and can't figure out what EXACTLY the crime is or would be ?

If she was a victim of a crime why didn't she go directly to law enforcement?, couple that with waiting 35 years, no witnesses or evidence + seeing this guy speak and be interviewed - I don't believe this BS is true but ya'll need something to hang onto & I do get that.

·
Administrator
49,980 Posts
She deserves to be heard without attack but unfortunately the attacks have already begun without hearing her story.
She does seem to be the one delaying telling her story :huh:, have the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee even shared her letter with the Republicans :huh:, Letter was sent to Feinstein early July , Fordcwent to Washington Post in August , here we are now late September , what is holding up her telling her Story :huh:

1 - 20 of 265 Posts