BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The road at the DOD has been repaired and you can go back to the river to striper fish. I took a ride back there but was very disappointed. The place is a dump. Trash all over the place. Some plastic covered with oil but not bad. The beach and water look good. Did not notice any oil in the water or on the beach. If you fish back there make sure you take a bucket with you to take your trash home with you and maybe pick up some trash to help clean up the place.
Below are some pictures I took.

These small empty clam shells are a mystery to me. There were thousands of them all over the beach. I wonder where they came from.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Some one told me after the freeze thaws they wash up on shore the freeze kills them???? Was down thier last sat the road was still closed,went threw the old base(gate open)little windy got 1 cattie,heard a short striped one was caught Sunday,got beat on bloods in the "Boro" I couldnt of sold them skinny little things for $9,area clean of oil,few plastic bottles covered in oil,driftwood pertty clean tho,like the sign on the fence says "carry it in carry it out" litter bugs!!! :mad:

·
Registered
234 Posts
u'll see them all year i know we caught some stripers early that had their stomach full of them i know that in the summer we used them for bait and u'll also find bigger clams also good for catfish and stripers

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
I would pick up some trash tomorrow. I'll bring a big garbage bag, too. Only problem is that I don't know where to go or where to pick up bloodworms on the way. I'd be coming from SE Penna. If anybody can help, I'd love to go down.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by aquasport190:
I would pick up some trash tomorrow. I'll bring a big garbage bag, too. Only problem is that I don't know where to go or where to pick up bloodworms on the way. I'd be coming from SE Penna. If anybody can help, I'd love to go down.
Scott, you can get blood worms at John's Seafood. Call them at 856-423-4403 to see if they have blood worms and get directions from them. Shag's has blood worms also. The number is 856-935-2826.

[ 03-18-2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Captblock ]

·
Registered
43 Posts
aquasport- go to tinicum all the way down the street that the wawa is on all the way down to the end there is a boat marina with Taylors bait and tackle he's expensive probably 12 bucks a dozen but he will have them.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I've been fishing the DOD for four years now. I hate all the trash all over the place. I know some is from visitors at the DOD but most is what has washed up from up river. Two years ago I was killing the stripers. So I invited some friends to go with me who never cought stripes or much of anything else. Well we had four condoms drift by us ( along with a bunch of other stuff). Now everytime I invite any of these guys the first thing they ask is if we are going condom fishing or going to actually catch some fish. The whole river bank is absolutely discusting. And I believe it has more to do with the runoff from steams in the cities up river. I'm not a environmental freak but it is just astounding how much people ruin the great natural recorces we use. No matter how much you pick up when you go fishing, next week it will all be back. Now is the worst it is all year because we/fisherman haven't been there all year to do our part in takeing out more then we brought in. I wish they would bring a 30 yrd dumpster back there I'd spend the time between bites trying to fill it. And I am sure there are others who would do the same. 30 yrd dumpster $550 - entrance to DOD $1 I know they could make the money to cover it. I would be willing to pay a buck to keep the area clean.......

[ 03-18-2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Gilly21 ]

·
Registered
97 Posts
bluefisfbones you can access taylors by water headind north past the comm barry you will see Boing on your left the river splits there at tinicum island main channel is on right you want to stay left 3rd marina on left you can get gas and bait

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
We used to fish from INSIDE the DOD till all the ignorant P R I * K S screwed it up . We were always hauling trash out by the bags . Once got pulled over leaving with 20-30 beers cans in the back of the truck . No ticket for tresspassing because it was obvious that I had not consumed them , and the officer was happy to see the effort . It is a shame but I guess it is the way it goes .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts