BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't been on here in a while and figured I would swing thru and check out how you gfuys have been doing. I see Steve O hasn't missed a beat picking up where he left off last season! I'm also sure FD will be posting some slobbery behemoths any weekend now! Sham-wow might have got bit by the skunk but he's a fighter and won't be giving up anytime soon so expect some nice reports from him soon also! Well it's 2012 and people think the worlds gonna end! Well if this is true then I am redesignating it the FISHPOCALYPSE!!! End of the world will also mean the end of fishing so I am gonna fish harder then any year I ever have! Like many of you I took advantage of the great weather we had here at the end of January and here are some snapshots of the action from the 27th thru yesterday.... All fish were caught on the same Jerkbait, an XPS black and sliverthat has three treble hooks with the tail hook removed to increase the mortality rate. The first fish is the first one I caught in 2012 followed by the another nice bass and some Pickeral and smaller bass that I didnt take any pics of. Also got a friend whos handicapped out and put him on his first fish of the as well. He got his on a spoon which he uses cause he can only use one arm and has to give a steady retrieve as he holds the rod under his armpit or between his legs. I also got a 5lb 4oz, 28 inch Chain Pickeral yesterday which was a PB and i'm thinking about getting a release mount. Hope ya enjoy the pictures....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Good you're enjoying the nice weather. Hope it lasts through to spring. Good job putting your buddy on fish and nice slob pick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice Job!! Sounds like your buddy enjoys fishing. That's really nice. I will be fishing as much as I can. Laid off until the end of February. I have done a lot of fishing since Thanksgiving when I first got laid off-- and it has paid off!!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, yeah he was a little skeptical at first not being sure how it would work for him only being able to use one arm but with some trial, error and patience. It has really paid off in the last few months. If I get around to it I will post a video of him catching a carp this past October when I took him camping. He did a great job also!;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts