BASS BARN banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Bennet Sir This is a wonderful story!!I have a friend who runs a not for profit organization.This organization promotes taking kids fishing.I would like to send him your story,I'm sure he would use it to help promote the cause.I call it Pass it on!!!You have stirred the imagination with this well writter piece!!:bow:please let me know if you mind.

THANK YOU!!!!!
FC:thumbsup:

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Good stuff Bennet!!! Great bedtime story for the little ones. Gunna try it tonite cause she asked me today when we are fishing again :thumbsup:.

· Registered
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bennet Sir This is a wonderful story!!I have a friend who runs a not for profit organization.This organization promotes taking kids fishing.I would like to send him your story,I'm sure he would use it to help promote the cause.I call it Pass it on!!!You have stirred the imagination with this well writter piece!!:bow:please let me know if you mind.

THANK YOU!!!!!
No problem if not for profit. Please copy me if my story gets printed, I'd like to see that. Any other use requires my ok first as you'd expect. Thanks v much, appreciated.

· Registered
4,337 Posts
No problem if not for profit. Please copy me if my story gets printed, I'd like to see that. Any other use requires my ok first as you'd expect. Thanks v much, appreciated.
bgreene
I sent it to him this morning he really liked it.I think it will be used as a story to demonstrate enviormentally friendly fishing practices in classroom situtations.It will also peak intrest in children seeing that fishing is always an adventure!!Thanks again for this wonderful piece!!!:bow:

· Registered
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
bgreene
I sent it to him this morning he really liked it.I think it will be used as a story to demonstrate enviormentally friendly fishing practices in classroom situtations.It will also peak intrest in children seeing that fishing is always an adventure!!Thanks again for this wonderful piece!!!:bow:

That's a great idea - good for you for making it happen.

· Registered
4,055 Posts
Sitting in the back seat of his dad's truck, Jimmy listened to his uncle and dad talk fishing as they drove down from NJ to the Chesapeake.

It was to be Jimmy's 1st Striper trip, and of course the conversation on the ride down included talk about big Stripers, and just how big they get.

The plan was to stay at uncle's summer home, where the big center console rested at the end of the dock, jutting out from the house into the bay. A " perfect spot " they called it, minutes from prime striper waters, and right off some deep water and structure.

After a quick set up, they headed out for late afternoon fishing, and Jimmy's first trip was a success - trolling and bait fishing they caught 4 stripers to 20lbs. Jimmy was amazed at the size of these great fish.

Back at the dock, Jimmy lingered to look around while the men went up to the house. Lying down on the dock, peering into the water, Jimmy watched the chunks of bunker sink down as he dropped the leftover pieces into the water. With darkness closing in, he dropped just a few more chunks.......what was that ? A huge shadow seemed to pass below, and the chunk vanished suddenly though deep down. Too late to see, Jimmy finally gave it up, and went in.

Next morning, before dad and uncle were on the dock, Jimmy again dropped chunks down off the end of the dock.......and was shocked again to see the huge shadow emerge from the drop off and inhale the chunk. While the water was deep at that edge, too deep to see bottom, he could make out the rough size of the " shadow". Impossibly big, Jimmy knew it was bigger than he was, tall for his age at 5'6". The enormous shadow didn't seem to hurry, as it then turned and swan back beyond the drop off....

First thought to grab a fishing pole, or run to tell Dad was replaced by a quick decision..........to keep it a secret. It had become " Jimmy's fish " and because it took Jimmy's chunks, he had fed it, making it very different.

Out on the bay they went again, big twin outboards leaving a long white trail as they rushed out to the " prime waters for Stripers" .... This time, they scored on 2 Stripers that were nearly 40lbs, huge the men said. Looking at these fish Jimmy knew his " shadow fish " was more than twice as long, and at least twice as wide too.......he kept the secret........

Last late afternoon at the end of the dock, last chance to see the huge fish... Jimmy alone and dropping chunks at the end, roughly between the dock poles that were nearly 8' apart.......Almost ready to give up, the shadow fish finally emerged, only this time, with darkness approaching, it came UP to grab the big sinking chunk, and then slowly rolled to the side before turning and swimming away. Jimmy didn't breathe while that happened, amazed to see the clear stripes that ran down the fish's side, the enormous head and huge tail that slowly propelled the fish ahead...... As long as the span of the dock poles Jimmy quickly estimated, and must be over 3' wide at the middle.........

Back at the house for dinner Jimmy casually asked his dad and uncle - how much would a Striper weigh that was somewhere between 6' - 8' long and really wide, maybe 3' across ????? His dad and uncle speculated about 100lb + Stripers reportedly caught in nets long ago that must have been that big. Yup, a Striper that big would go 100 to 125lb for sure.......

Tell us if you ever see one that big the men joked with Jimmy, because it would be a new world record to last forever !!!!

Jimmy just smiled........and said nothing.:)
I went down to Jimmy's uncles dock , and speared that fish , it was loaded with row , and it tasted great, but I don't like the way striper freezes so we ate it one night well actually I did, because my wife didn't want hers , so the rest of it went for garden fertilizer, thanks for the tip as to where i could find such a big fish.:razz:

This was a very good story b g . :D

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.