·
Registered
19,150 Posts
Between now and November I hit the shore more often. Not over yet!:razz:

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Between now and November I hit the shore more often. Not over yet!:razz:
Tom, I just had a conversation this morning with a young neighbor who said summers over. I told her it just begins for the shore. Less crowds, less traffic, and less fees to access areas. Now it gets so much fun.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I'll be fishing the beaches up north all of November. All those shoobies that are much hated keep the shore businesses in business.....

·
Registered
16,436 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Some will take this post way too seriously and way too personally. :D

I be happy.... Funny too because like mentioned above I was at my favorite produce stand the yesterday and they were telling me how dead it was... Still had plenty of heirloom tomatoes..

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
Dear lord I cannot wait till they get out of here. One more day and I plan to spend that day somewhere in the ocean on my boat:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Dear lord I cannot wait till they get out of here. One more day and I plan to spend that day somewhere in the ocean on my boat:thumbsup:
You know it not nearly like it used to be in the late 60's and 70's. Labor Day the towns would empty out because working people owned the houses. Now it's trust baby's that don't leave till it starts getting cold. Thing's really don't cool down till Oct...but at least there's lots less traffic..

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
This time of year is called "The Locals Summer". :D

·
Registered
76,315 Posts
Always loved Sept and Oct. Not sure I could live on any of the islands during the summer months. The only winter I spent there we had the blizzard of 78. That winter was the most depressing gray sky, windy cold life I ever experienced.

·
Registered
22,516 Posts
Love being where I'm at when I am there. Life is to short to spend in just one place. Lots to do. Lots to see and experience.:thumbsup::)

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Always loved Sept and Oct. Not sure I could live on any of the islands during the summer months. The only winter I spent there we had the blizzard of 78. That winter was the most depressing gray sky, windy cold life I ever experienced.
Winter sucks pretty much everywhere except for Florida and Southern California though. I love winter down here especially when it snows. Love checking the surf after a snow and being the first footprints on the beach or boardwalk. This is one of the best places you could live except during the 6 weeks at the height of tourist season. The rest of the year is awesome.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts