BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was in the tackle shop sunday checking the new stuff out when i came across the shimano lucanus. these things are wild looking. most jigs usually resemble something else but these don't.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Saw them at the Sufferen show at the Shimano rep booth, they do look good.
Check out the Shimano site and see how they are fished.

·
Registered
451 Posts
They look awesome.
I will bouncing them out in the canyons this season. We will be testing them and putting them to the max and see if the tuna respond to them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
fearnofish said:
i was in the tackle shop sunday checking the new stuff out when i came across the shimano lucanus. these things are wild looking. most jiggs usually resemble something else but these don't.
uhh, they seem to resemble an octopus pretty well :)

·
Registered
20,269 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Im thinking of trying them for Fluke, but at that price, Im afraid to lose them on structure!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
phillyfishing said:
they look great for fluke.. but man 15-20 each.. thats more then spro's :)
That's what I scream'n about :eek: :eek: :eek: . I understand Dennis Braid will be producing a jig similar to the Lucanus but for half the cost. ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tunaman40 said:
That's what I scream'n about :eek: :eek: :eek: . I understand Dennis Braid will be producing a jig similar to the Lucanus but for half the cost. ;)
Hopefully a few other companies make them to wouldn't be suprised if williamson lures jumps on it to

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
We were at Cabela's in Pa 2 weeks ago and they had a big selection of Williamson jigs at 1/2 Shimano's price. I picked 2 up but haven't had a chance to try them yet. They look good.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
roadkill said:
We were at Cabela's in Pa 2 weeks ago and they had a big selection of Williamson jigs at 1/2 Shimano's price. I picked 2 up but haven't had a chance to try them yet. They look good.
do they look like these?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
fightingcouch said:
They look awesome.
I will bouncing them out in the canyons this season. We will be testing them and putting them to the max and see if the tuna respond to them.
the guys in Louisiana have been using them for tuna for awhile now. They exchange the hooks on the ring with a single, larger hook like the owner assist hook. Obviously one large enough to handle tuna and other big gamefish down there. They are dropping it and speed reeling or burning it back to the boat. Tuna pictures were lying around the shimano booth at the suffern and the somerset show if any of you saw them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts