Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
I saw your Father out there on many days this winter. That Sea Ray really stood out from the fleet. That is quite an accomplishment at any age. Congrats again. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pro

that's not my dad just a friend we nicknamed the old man in the sea ray. hell of a fish to land by himself though

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Home depot special

worth its weight in gold wouldn't you say

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4x4

mounted to the transom.with a little ingenuity and alot of luck it held up.that fish went around 360#s

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
boltrd

right thru the transom

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
fishy said:
that's not my dad just a friend we nicknamed the old man in the sea ray. hell of a fish to land by himself though
Sorry bout' that, I guess I should read more carefully. Anyway he is probubly someone Pop and his kids should be very proud. :) That gin pole loks like it sure did get the job done. We don't have a transom door on the boat I fish so we have a roller table that goes in the rod holders on the stern and is braced off the transom. We rig a block and tackle off the bridge and the fish come nice an easy up the ramp and into the cockpit. We keep it lashed to the bow while fishing so it is out of the way.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The gin pole is a Home depot 4x4 that he painted with drylok paint. He mounted it with bolts through the transom as Fishy said. Its also worth mentioning that by the time he got one of those fish in, he was stripped down to his boxers because he was sweating so much. The guy is an absolute classic.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes down below

he fishes two 80s on hand line planers. I can't wait till i retire:D :D :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
procastinator said:
Sorry bout' that, I guess I should read more carefully. Anyway he is probubly someone Pop and his kids should be very proud. :) That gin pole loks like it sure did get the job done. We don't have a transom door on the boat I fish so we have a roller table that goes in the rod holders on the stern and is braced off the transom. We rig a block and tackle off the bridge and the fish come nice an easy up the ramp and into the cockpit. We keep it lashed to the bow while fishing so it is out of the way.
Procastinator,got any pix?Thanx,Bobby.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Animal said:
Procastinator,got any pix?Thanx,Bobby.
I will get one next trip down. It is a really simple design. It has two post that go into heavy duty rodholders on the frame and has a series of rollers spaced about 4 inches apart forming a ramp to the water. It is nice because the fish won't swing around and damage the boat or the catch in rough seas. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
71 years young

Because your over 70 does not mean that you go to the junk yard. I and others like me can outfish many a younger man. Picasaso became a father at age 92. I don't know if he had any help from his friends. Good fishing to all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats hysterical traveeler

:)
TRAVELER SPORTFISHING said:
The gin pole is a Home depot 4x4 that he painted with drylok paint. He mounted it with bolts through the transom as Fishy said. Its also worth mentioning that by the time he got one of those fish in, he was stripped down to his boxers because he was sweating so much. The guy is an absolute classic.
almost fell off my chair

1 - 20 of 24 Posts