BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has asked me to ask around about shoe preference.
What is your favorite kayak shoe or what would you like to
see in a kayak shoe?

For me it's the Crocs Islanders which look like they are being
discontinued.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have neoprene waders with attatched boots but I'm a little(lot) scared about wearing them in the kayak for fear of drowning, How does this work for you ? :confused: I'd like to do some early spring fishing but ....... and those dry suits are so expensive.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dry suits are big bucks but well worth it if you live in your kayak. I was raised to fear the waders in deep water, but many people claim that it
isn't something to worry about. Maybe this spring I'll jump in a pool with them on one day.

Thanks for your input on shoes here guys.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Noworries not a smart idea dude. I have neoprene waders and i have had them fill on the beach one time. I'm sure we have all taken a wave or tripped and got water in the waders.

Anyways they like stick to your body, it is just a big suction cup on your body. I wouldn't advise wearing them. I have what they call the farmer jon wet suit that i wear in the spring when the water is cold then i wear my slickers over them. Then all you need is like a water proof windbreaker and your good for spring months. And i have wet suit booties.

In the summer though i go bear foot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Noworries not a smart idea dude. I have neoprene waders and i have had them fill on the beach one time. I'm sure we have all taken a wave or tripped and got water in the waders.

Anyways they like stick to your body, it is just a big suction cup on your body. I wouldn't advise wearing them. I have what they call the farmer jon wet suit that i wear in the spring when the water is cold then i wear my slickers over them. Then all you need is like a water proof windbreaker and your good for spring months. And i have wet suit booties.

In the summer though i go bear foot.
Never did it myself. I just saw somone on here with neoprenes and thought I'd ask what's up. I'm a barefoot kayaker too !:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cold weather= neoprene waders with wader boots. Warm weather used to be Teva sandals but I bought a pair of Crocs over the winter and will break them in this spring / summer.
Tom.
Could you take a minute to discuss your neoprenes/boot attire for cold water kayaking. Is that safe/warm/dry in that order. Curious. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the replies fella's. I posed the same questions
on some other sites. This was for a buddy and not a sponsor
thing. Most people have replied Croc's or booties. New to me
is the Vibram 5 Fingers, but it is being talked about quite a bit.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Cold weather - neoprene mud boots
warm weather - keen sandals (lets small rock & shells in under the foot :thumbsdown: ) or Henderson (Stone Harbor) neoprene boots

Whats kind are the aqua shoes in the above post?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm taking back my recommendation to check out the Tempest dry pants w/sock! Got my hands on them today :thumbsdown: I thought they looked like a nice design, but I found them to be very thin, not up to the rigors of fishing!
Maybe if they were 3 ply with reinforced knee and padded butt! I'm sending them back! I'll stick with bootfoot breathable waist high waders with lifetime warranty. Designed for duck huntin, for the same price, so much more rugged! Until I go for a drysuit! :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.