BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my boat is in NC being repowered I had to charter the Clean Sweep for a sanity trip by my lonesome!(you know leave the cell in the truck kind of morn!) So I call my fishing friend Ahab(thats Tim) and said I had thur. morn free Can you get me out for the first time! He Told me he was waiting for me to call because the setup was perfect something about the Nova Scotia currents divided by our water temp over the air temp then the affect of the NE w%&d and no pressure on the fish down there should make the rip fishing excellent!! What I said and what I thought were 2 different things (like you friggin wacko to much time off this winter!) Soooooo we left the dock at 930 and hit the first rip darn if my boy don't hook up in 10 seconds Im thinking lucky dude probably the only one well see and Ill have to hear about it all morning! Not to be I hooked up too~! We proceded to catch on every single drift the fish averaging 29 to 32 inches we caught 5 tweeners and 2 over 34! 3 hours 31 fish missed a bunch too! Charctruse 1oz andus with fresh mackeral was the ticket! We did get 1 fat one on a live herring no takers on the cut herring! So I finally got my chaffed thumb back and did it in our favorite spots in the rips! Can't wait to get my rig back with the new engines Ill certainly be ready to breakem in! Thanks for an awesome start to my season Tim Great thinking ( I still think hes nuts! Maybe part bass just don't know waht part! :D ) Have at it boys the rips are on fire!

[ 04-14-2005, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Mug 2 ]

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont be jealous just get on board the clean sweep! I think he has room fri! The best part was there were only 2 boats down there :D and we were one of them!

[ 04-14-2005, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Mug 2 ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
From the little bit I could get from trying to listen in to Timmy's cell phone conversations the other day, he's been chomping at the bit to hit the rips again
I'm glad to see he got his wish!

Thanx for the report Bob!

P.S Timmy, take the Atkins bar wrappers out of your carhart jacket pockets ;)

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ron Darn you didn't have to go and give away our secret bait now every ones knows about those wrappers and they stay on the hook real well just keep the light color out! ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!! Glad to hear that Bob! I'm glad you caught too, otherwise I'd never hear the end of the story! :D ;)
I knew when I couldn't get a hold of Timmy today that he must have been out there!

BTW, As far as I know Timmy still has Fri open so give him a call! Now you have 2 places to chose from.

[ 04-14-2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul thanks man bass cherry broken for 05 can't wait to fish with you ! ( Oh I out gunned him today but he said ahab is a good charter capt. and lets the guest catch more LMAO!) Spaniard hes the man! Tommy it sure felt good nothing like powerpro and that first solid bite make a 30 incher feel like a 20lber! talked to friends in the chesapeake today they said the big bass just showed lots of 35s and 40s just in time for the Boaters World my moneys on clean sweep to bring home another boat!

[ 04-14-2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Mug 2 ]

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Bob, you of all people should know you should never doubt Capt Tim :D ;) You know he was born with gills. :D ;)

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bud Im 1st in line for the new 38 open its a monster!! Lew its no doubt just comp! Bud as far as the ASA we're scarier than ever Jim M is the new guy on board and is an animal I have multiple other business commitments and can't be there full time so team Ugly Mug is now combined with Clean Sweep Sportfishing! Tim has always been at the controls with myself promoting the fishing and angling Now Jim Murray is on board with the new 38 trip verado powered fountain myself with the repowered 38 and Tim with the new 36contender with trip etecs We should be called Team OUTER LIMITS! But thats for another day! I will be a partime member of Team Clean Sweep with the addition of anglers like world record holder Paul Brady this team will be on a roll! I can Tell you this JIm M Known as Jimmy the knife is like Daniel Boone God Bless the bass they have no chance! Hopefully this answers some questions team meetings are at the Mug every 2nd Sat. In the summer good luck to the rest of the teams!
HAVE AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
THE NEW Team Clean Sweep! :cool: ;)

[ 04-14-2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Mug 2 ]

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about deranged! I did hold him underwater and he said he could see clearly!? I should have checked for gills but I'll leave that to Paul! LOL
I just checked the rips nice bunch of gannets on the 720 line you know there eating good right now with this breeze wish my boat was here!

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bill was down there an hour ago and the gannets were still working hard I get the feeling theres a party going on and we were'nt invited LOL! What kind of boat did you get?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bob sounds like your putting a hell of boat and a hell of a team together good luck with the boat. I've met Jim a couple of times seems like a great additon to the team .We just got done putting the finising touches on the new Undisputed 36 contender with triple 275 Verados the only thing we forgot to install was the rear view mirror . SEE you on the trail

Buddy Team Undisputed

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by Striper101:
When ever your ready let me know Bob! That's Timmy! I've heard him tell that one before! ;) ;)

I hope they do well down there, I'm looking for a 23' Contender! ;)
You an me both Paul!!!

I'm rounding up people for a Clean Sweep tuna hunt in Sept. :D

[ 04-16-2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.