BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all.

I'm curious if anyone has ever had been successful from the shores of Marsh Creek St. Park? I was out there mid-morning (have never fished this park before), and I noticed that the shoreline runs very shallow. I tried a couple of different presentations; drop shot plastic chartreuse fluke & a double-jointed minnow crankbait (which the lake consumed). I'm wondering if these shallows are fished best from the shore during the post-spawn when the fish are super hungry, and will run shallow, or??

As always, thanks.
-BassMon

·
Registered
842 Posts
ive have caught a few decent fish from the shore on live shiners, also a buddy of mine caught a 4+pounder there on a shallow running crankbait, off the cement dock. we also texas rig 10in worms and cast them out into the weedy areas and work them in there slowly, and we can pick a few up that way. also a topwater frog is really productive in the weedy areas.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Many years ago, I caught quite a few bass on spinnerbaits in the shallow waters around the park office area. It was April or May. Just fan casting the shallows. They used to draw down the lake each fall and weeds would grow on those flats. Don't know if it will still be any good. I did it in the late afternoon when the sun had warmed the shallows there. Good luck

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I have not fished it from the bank in probably 10 years......i spent a summer hitting it from shore pretty hard when i lived near there though and the area around the park office was very productive. The cove to the left of the boat ramp gave up lots of decent fish. If you walk down the path past the boat ramp it will come to an end and there is a great point to fish there. One of my favorite ways to fish the largemouths was to wade the long cove to the right of the concrete dock....i would just ease my way down the shoreline and cast shiners infront of the bass that spooked out of the weeds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you want deeper water go down conestoga rd.that is the back part of the lake,I always do good there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've done pretty well all around the lake fishing from shore. I usually use a Powerworm and cast it into the weedbed and slowly pull it through the weeds. Can usuall pull a few bass out of them.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I Haven't fished there in about 5 years but used to do well in april/may :spinning:using a pink or florescent orange 7" floating worm cast into the emerging weeds and pulled over the top.
Flyfishing:a large green or orange wooly bugger greased hevily and same technique as above

1 - 8 of 8 Posts