BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing with two friends for bass this morning on a S. Jersey jetty that will remain nameless, my friend hooks and lands a 10lb pollack. The fish would have taken 50% of the pools on the Jamiaca offshore seabass trips. Unbeleivable.

·
Registered
331 Posts
MakoJoe, I caught a pollock on a bucktail while in a striper/weakfish blitz under the old Longport bridge about 12 years ago. It was about 3lbs. I've caught some of the strangest species in my cast net in and around Margate. How about that Tarpon that was caught in the rips several years back and weighed in at Sterling Harbor! :eek: You never know what to expect.

[ 05-13-2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: CousinRichie ]

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard of Harbor Pollack being caught (1 - 2 lbs), but this fish would have been a nice fish on an offshore wreck in December. I am telling you, when I first saw it I truly could not believe it. It was one of those fish that people look at you like you are crazy when you tell them.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by CousinRichie:
. How about that Tarpon that was caught in the rips several years back and weighed in at Sterling Harbor! :eek: You never know what to expect.
Richie, that tarpon catch was fraudulent. Those fish were caught on the eastern shore of VA and trucked north and weighed in cape may.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by TWIN D'S:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CousinRichie:
. How about that Tarpon that was caught in the rips several years back and weighed in at Sterling Harbor! :eek: You never know what to expect.
Richie, that tarpon catch was fraudulent. Those fish were caught on the eastern shore of VA and trucked north and weighed in cape may. </font>[/QUOTE]I'm not sure about the Tarpon you are talking about, but I know of one that was caught a few years back in Grassy Channel. The angler docked at a marina here Tuckerton and Capt. Lee Webb ID'd and photographed it.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
there was reportedly two tarpon caught in the cape may rips. A guy tried to weigh them in for the new state record, but the story eventually came out. I think if you check the NJ state tarpon record, it is unchanged from years ago.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The Pollock fought way better than a striper. It had me in the rocks but luckily my line didnt brake. It was definitely not a cobia and was definitely a Pollock. Totally bizarre. I wish there were more of them around

1 - 14 of 14 Posts