BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to Capt Timmy, he is still fishing out of the Cohansey River, he said the last couple of days have been very good up the river. He thinks that the big wave of stripers is moving down from the river and into the mid-lower bay. Also, sources said the bite was good today in the Maurice river cove today. With Fridays rain, Capt Tim feels the bite should be on this weekend!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wtf..........talk about a spot burn. I can see it now. 300 boats anchored feet away off your post.
No it was not a secret but geez.............surprised your last line was not............plenty of fresh bunker in stock.we need to sell it.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wtf..........talk about a spot burn. I can see it now. 300 boats anchored feet away off your post.
No it was not a secret but geez.............surprised your last line was not............plenty of fresh bunker in stock.we need to sell it.
Sorry, I really don't see the spot burn. I talked in some pretty general areas. I guess the only thing I can report is some type of fish in the Delaware bay may or may not be biting:nuts: For the last 2 weeks customers have been asking if anything is happening in the mid/lower bay, and I finally have something good to tell them. Sorry, to blow your big SECRET:bow:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Capt. Chuck, thanks for the report and great info.

Benny, it's a big bay brother. There is plenty of room and plenty of fish to go around. I don't consider talking about the Maurice Cove as a "spot." Now, if Cappy said the clam stakes above "one" buoy, then I would call that a spot burn.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sorry, I really don't see the spot burn. I talked in some pretty general areas. I guess the only thing I can report is some type of fish in the Delaware bay may or may not be biting:nuts: For the last 2 weeks customers have been asking if anything is happening in the mid/lower bay, and I finally have something good to tell them. Sorry, to blow your big SECRET:bow:
Again, thank you for the great general information. This is how I remember the BassBarn being when I joined way back in 2000. We helped each other out and directed our brother and sister Barners in the direction of the fish that they sought to catch. You didn't burn any "spots," you just gave your fellow Barners some great migratory info and a "general" area where they can start looking for bass. Thank you for the info. It will help guide me on my quest to get my girlfriend's young son his first striper and hopefully hook another kid on fishing...and maybe create another BassBarner. Ponch:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
wtf your an are you kidding me

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's people like you who ruin this place for all of us. They're just passing along info that is helpful to us all and you feel the need to complain? Good job dude. Hope nobody finds this Delaware Bay you're trying to keep so hush-hush....

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the support guys! I'm always willing to share good info. But, I will be honest, the negativity from the first poster is the kind of stuff that see me posting less on here. Most of my info and reports have been on Facebook and twitter, because we deal with less downers.

OH AND BY THE WAY WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF FRESH BUNKER AND CLAMS THIS WEEKEND:razz:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
saying "they are biting third rock from the sun" is a spot burning comment on the cosmic scale.....

It was general comment about maurice cove.....
geting hammered for posting just makes less post to read. I really don't understand all the BS about spot burning....WHO CARES...I don't...Its not like Im fishing everyday....someone wants to fish my hot spots... go right ahead....plenty of room and fishing in del bay...it ain't that small that boats can't fish the same area...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That rule should be lifted to avoid knuckleheads like this, nobody is going to post their special spots, & if somebody does ussually everybody knows about it anyway, just for the record I didn't think there was anything wrong with this post, it was just like saying they were hitting off of Cape May Point or just south of the inlet, Really big , vague places

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
I always thought the spot burn thing was BS, Some guys act as if someone is going show up with a net and wipe them out. I can understand some guys not wanting to share numbers but to give a general location you have to be kidding me.

·
Registered
20,403 Posts
I just talked to Capt Timmy, he is still fishing out of the Cohansey River, he said the last couple of days have been very good up the river. He thinks that the big wave of stripers is moving down from the river and into the mid-lower bay. Also, sources said the bite was good today in the Maurice river cove today. With Fridays rain, Capt Tim feels the bite should be on this weekend!!
Thanks......not a burn and just a little "fish intelligence" is a good thing for all IMO. CU ltr.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Chuck,
not everyone is a Facebook person. You as a sponsor, advertiser need to support the BB & not let 1 or 2 knuckleheads change your way of passing on info.
you pass on good "real time" info & we support your business. It' s good business.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
From a guy with 130 post in 6 years. :nuts:

The bay is a big place and so is the cove, if you live down here you know what's going on, that was just general info not a spot burn, thanks Chuck. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts