Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Bait?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only Blues and not very many of those. There were too many boats in the inlet for good striper action.

I originally thought the bird play was blues, once I realized what they were I went to smaller lures with a teaser.

Never fished for them before - hooking one certainly does not mean you will land one. Once airborn they are experts at shaking their head and spitting the hook.

It was better than trying to drift for fluke in that god awful wind.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hey sanibel, saw you at the dock on the way in. We went to one of the nearby wrecks and caught seabass, scup and tog. There were a few big seabass and scup but all of the tog were shorts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fished out of Sea Isle with Sanibel yesterday. The sea was a bear in the morning, but got somewhat calm towards mid day. Anchored over a wreck for tog and sea bass, but I ended up braking my rod. As I was hauling up a fish a shark or something big decided it was time for breakfast and started running with my fish. By the time I went to loosen my drag it bent my Jarvis Walker rod in half and then snapped it in two. To say the lease I was pissed, but it was a costly mistake on my part. The rest of the day was filled with catching herring and getting half blown over the side of the boat by the wind. It was a good day over all.

[ 05-21-2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Big Dog ]

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Middletown, Good to see you out there. We did the same early in the morning - I was very surprized with the size of the SeaBass, we did not keep any - our Tog were all shorts as well.

FishingLuhrs, I gave 4 of them to BigDog - the rest are for GABT. Two weeks is Too long.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
I was out with Rusty in the Bean Machine and say you guys getting the herring near the bridge. Nice catch... fresh herring was the candy for me this weekend on the stripes and fluke. AJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts