BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got boat in late ..Do not have trailer . A worker at the marina said that they could do the Thermoststs once I get it in the slip....NOW the the mechanic there says we dont work on outboards...Now I would have to pay more to get a service call to my dock just to change thremostats... Question is they were replaced last on July 05 with about 100hrs on them so that is a season and a half....Motor runs great now.....can I get by till I pull in the fall...also A friend of mine replaced his by himself ......Details 99` 150 rude, PS I always freshwater flush after use.... Any coments on Salt x... Joe R..

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
You could propbably get away till the fall. If your handy get the book and do it yourself... cant be that hard

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why don't you do it yourself. It is very easy to do. If you can operate a wrench than you can do it. Go to a dealer and pick up 2 thermostat kits and gasket sealer. If you are near bayville I'll do it for you. Lou

·
Registered
321 Posts
Scarface said:
Hey NJFishman1,

I'm from Bayville, where are you located .?
I live off of Butler Boulevard. My boat is in Forked River.

Lou

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I live off of Woodhaven over by the High school, boats in Lanoka Harbour. 19ft CC Kencraft Challenger 150 johnson If your ever over that way give me a shout. Heading out about 3am Saturday morning in search of some weakfish.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Scarface said:
I live off of Woodhaven over by the High school, boats in Lanoka Harbour. 19ft CC Kencraft Challenger 150 johnson If your ever over that way give me a shout. Heading out about 3am Saturday morning in search of some weakfish.
Going Saturday also around 7. Going to start at the tires for fluke. 22' Seaswirl Striper with a 175 Etec. Boat's name is Obsession. I'll be on 19.

Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts