BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I was there with rod, reel, some lures and net to greet them. I went fishing for Striped Bass a couple of hours this afternoon and I was not let down. It has been slow fishing the last couple of trips but today made up for it. I was fishing from my jet ski off of Virginia Beach/ Cape Henry for two hours and caught eight Striped Bass in 30 to 40 feet of water. Three on a big Stretch and the other five hit a 6oz parachute rig trailing a 42oz mojo. I kept a 36 and 40 incher. Great way to end my day. The birds, bait, boat, whales were all there. I saw a lot of people hooked up. Here are a couple pictures from today.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Nice, always a pleasure to see your photos. You should get a few more rigs like yours and open up a " Charter " service fishing the way you do it ! It would be a unique experience for people who want a challenge and who are adventureous . You could snap pictures too and make even more money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brian, First of all I think you take great photos from your jet ski, however; I believe your photos are a little misleading.Yesterday was the first time I ever fished out of Rudee Inlet. I know for certain your first photo was taken about 10 miles on a NE heading out of Rudee or 7 miles off the beach from Cape Henry. Personally I don't care if you fish out there and release what you catch since you are in the EEZ. When you have to cover yourself with inshore photos you make a fool out of yourself. I give you credit for doing what you do on a jet ski but keep it real. You are only fooling yourself.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Brian, First of all I think you take great photos from your jet ski, however; I believe your photos are a little misleading.Yesterday was the first time I ever fished out of Rudee Inlet. I know for certain your first photo was taken about 10 miles on a NE heading out of Rudee or 7 miles off the beach from Cape Henry. Personally I don't care if you fish out there and release what you catch since you are in the EEZ. When you have to cover yourself with inshore photos you make a fool out of yourself. I give you credit for doing what you do on a jet ski but keep it real. You are only fooling yourself.

You got to be kidding, looks like about 1 to 1 1/2 miles off to me by the buildings in pic 2 :huh:
Hell, the first pic could of been from the beach.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts

Your a troll....:thumbsdown::mad:

I met the man at a Barnfest a few years ago and he was nothing but upstanding.

Oh btw look at the bottom machine in the pic...33' of water! I doubt 7 miles out the water is 33'.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yea, actually I was 30 miles out, kept 10, gaffed them all and stopped to take some pictures on the way in. I was getting paranoid close to the inlet so I dumped 8 of the smallest before I went in.
I will try and do the same on saturday but hopefully I will have the balls to keep a dozen this time. Ha!

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
........I know for certain your first photo was taken about 10 miles on a NE heading out of Rudee or 7 miles off the beach from Cape Henry...........
If the first photo was of a boat with you on it waving to Brian, this statement could hold a lot of merit, but the first photo is of birds.

Which bird is it that you recognize?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Wow treefarmer, you must have taken one of those Dale Carnigie courses in sales years ago. You know, "how to win friends and influence people"
Nice.

Brian thanks for all the photos, I enjoy looking at all of them, good luck in all your endeavors.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Brian that guy is a pure hater, jealous for some great fishing. Keep fishing and taking pictures. The guy has 12 posts in three years, he will crawl back under his rock and won't be heard from for another three years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.