NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO
7 FT.

WED
E WINDS AROUND 10 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT

Looks like Friday for me:D Was going Tuesday:eek:

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
Paul, I had tuesday lined up for my first foray out for bass for a couple weeks now. I was sadly disappointed too. I had to cancel.:(

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful out there. As one that goes out in that kinda stuff it can challenge your skills. Better to have a nice breakfast then risk life and limb for a few fish;)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Wish2fish is that a Aprilfoolsjoke or something cause i dont get the same info when I check the weather.
But in all reality I do believe that those wave heights do co-inside with the predicted wind forecast. Atleast that has been my experience with a constant 15-20kt wind over a hour. Hence, making the prediction you posted NOAA's first accurate forecast.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ah come on Paul, thats striper weather:D All kidding aside, always better to play it on the safe side as it can get nasty real qiuck out there.

Got the boat back yesterday so shes ready to go....

Good luck on Friday;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Welcome to Delaware Bay! So what else is new? But I suspect most of put up with the oftentimes crummy conditions because the Bay is where the fish (usually) are.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
outfished said:
You would think waves would be less 10 knot wind and they have them at 4-6........Is that right, do you think?
After being so big for a while they will diminish to a big swell. Common after it blows out of the same direction for a few days.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
This is more like it:

WED
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

WED NIGHT
SE WINDS AROUND 10 KT...BECOMING S AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

THU
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

THU NIGHT
S WINDS AROUND 10 KT...BECOMING E AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SEAS AROUND 2 FT.

FRI
E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING SE 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 1 FOOT...
THEN 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SAT
S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING W 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
The coastal forcast is for up to 20 miles out
Dont go by that for the bay
Check the lower Del Bay forcast

·
Registered
51 Posts
we went out with adam,at11:30 pam out fished again:eek: she got our first keeper 31''.and about 7 shorts. i got 3 shorts.and so it begins pam 1 me 0:confused:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
These weather reports the past couple of weekends have looked like-s*#t. I was hoping to go out and hit the bay this weekend but with them calling 2-4' on Sat and possible 2' on Sun I don't want to take any chances in a 17' boat with this being my 1st year as a boat owner. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a better weather change and if this weekend is a blow out, hopefully next weekend. I don't fish during the week cause fish don't bite during the week and they only bite on the weekends but not where I fish.:) Well if anyone manages to go out this weekend good luck.​

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jeez, you Cappy's must be freakin by my foepaah:D :D Hope none of your charters went runnin for cover over my mistake:eek: PEOPLE 2-4's is the worst it'll get. While a little challenging I've done it (and worse) in my 19'er. Scotty,I still got a ticket to ride;) :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts