BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an above average water temp, we should have early action in the south jersey backwaters.
Last year, I had many mornings with glass calm water, and the bass not digging my popper. Warm water temps had them a bit off...Sliders seemed to work a bit better on these glass calm days.
This year, I am planning on using Gurglers more. Singles and doubles.... Something new...I am sure that they will produce in our waters.
Any other topwater maniacs use something different?

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
I hear you Frank. 2004 I was popper crazy and sort of got off it a bit last year using decievers. Dave Dewees at one of our SJCFA meetings showed us how to make a real simple gurgler out of craft foam. I made some up this winter and have some ideas for some super sized ones. (I have to have lots of pop and gurgle) I made some with white artic fox tail and can't wait to try them out.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Gurglers rock. Interested in the double aspect.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,
The double is simply tied with two layers of foam stacked on top of each other to provide more floatation....I have only used them a few times and was not overly impressed....but in the right conditions, I think they will ROCK!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts