BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this video, the fluke going to the surface is awesome. These are frozen spearing, imagine if they were alive.

Once again, pirated from another site for your enjoyment!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12_uwi_yenc

RyanF

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
One thing I noticed is when both the flounder and striper are feeding on the surface baits, they grab the bait and turn rapidly. When feeding in the water column or near the bottom they inhale the bait and stay put.

·
Registered
77,419 Posts
great link.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
crazy agressive thanks for the video

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reel Nice said:
Fred Who???
Chunking, he had a nice thread about how all the different fish fed in his aquarium. Cant find it right now, might have been in the flounder sticky.

RyanF

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
If anything ever deserved a 24x7 webcam on it, it's that tank.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've seen flounder swimming in the lights under the pier and have also seen them come out of the water chasing mullet.

There was one day in late August at least 4 or 5 years ago when a huge school of flounder had peanuts pinned up against the inlet side of the Longport jetty. There were at least 15-20 guys on the jetty and most of them were hooked up all at once for about 2 hours. They hit anything you threw at them. Most of the fish were sub legal but there were enough keepers to make it interesting. I had no idea flounder were that ravenous until I experienced the flounder blitz that day. From that day on I realized that flounder are NOT a lazy bottom fish like everyone thinks.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Watch Fred Feed The Flounder All Summer And Never Do They Come Up And Mouth The Bait--they Wack It Every Time Or They Ignore It.if They Are On The Bottom They Know When Food Comes Into The Tank.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
At the end of the video, there's a link to them feeding on live killies... Very cool, as the fluke were beating the bass to the bait neary every time with the live ones!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
no surprise to me. Fluke are very aggressive feeders...Ive caught them trolling rattlle traps in 20 feet of water....and the tank in the video is only 2-3 feet deep...they were some hungry critters...:D

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I dream of taking a pic of a bass blowing up on something like that. Never saw a flounder do that, like how he's looking up for food. Sick video Ryan, thanks for sharing!!!:)

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
We have to find a way to get more video like that of the fish in our area bass/fluke/tog/trigger.

That's great stuff. I'd love to see how those fish act in all conditions (feeding, relaxing, light, dark, etc).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts