Registered
5,207 Posts
More woke BS

Reactions: Fishin' Finn

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Gonna cost the PGA a boatload
I was going to say small business will take a hit but Murphy already took care of that.

Reactions: fshlot

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
PGA and other corporations done want this stain on their brands.
What stain sperm bank? They are playing golf will Trump be playing or getting anything. The vendors, Hotels, restaurants plus all the other people I’m missing. Hey you got yours right chugger? Is it just Trump or anything not progressive you dislike how about a list? I love my country so it’s easy for men like me but you? I just don’t know, If the Chinese happen to overrun us you will probably be selling out this country.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
I've attended two PGA events held in NJ including the PGA Championship when it was held at Baltisrol. Its not that big of a loss.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I think that the PGA jumped the gun on this decision, half a year it’s water under the bridge. Kind of like a kid whose girlfriend breaks up with him and he hounds the shiff out of her that day and night and puts a seal on them ever gettin back together ( wait, what? That sounds familiar :( )

·
Registered
22,493 Posts
I've attended two PGA events held in NJ including the PGA Championship when it was held at Baltisrol. Its not that big of a loss.
Then why would you attend Two?

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Then why would you attend Two?
You seem to miss the point.....perhaps on purpose. These events are not the giant boom to the local economy that some would have you believe. Ever been to one? Here's how it works. You park in the designated lot and you get directly on a shuttle bus. You enter the event and you are basically hostage to buy your food and trinkets from them on site. At the end of the day you get back on the shuttle that takes you back to your car and you go home.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Don't think there's a lot of residential around Trump Bedminster, but had a friend that lived across the street from Baltisrol, turned his front and backyard into a parking lot, $100 a day per car, made out pretty well.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Think they'd have made the decision if there were protests/riots in DC
because Trump won?
Anyone who thinks POTUS incited the riots need only listen to his
speech that day.
Debunked.

·
Registered
22,493 Posts
You seem to miss the point.....perhaps on purpose. These events are not the giant boom to the local economy that some would have you believe. Ever been to one? Here's how it works. You park in the designated lot and you get directly on a shuttle bus. You enter the event and you are basically hostage to buy your food and trinkets from them on site. At the end of the day you get back on the shuttle that takes you back to your car and you go home.
I don't miss anything on purpose. I've been to six in my lifetime and worked at one at the Merion golf club. It's great to have a position that requires customers be taken throughout the country.
I'm not disputing what you have said I just wanted to know why a person with your conviction would go to two.
The lost is to "you" because "you" go and will be unable to because of nothing that has to do with golf/golf tornaments.

Reactions: Krazy8

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
I don't miss anything on purpose. I've been to six in my lifetime and worked at one at the Merion golf club. It's great to have a position that requires customers be taken throughout the country.
I'm not disputing what you have said I just wanted to know why a person with your conviction would go to two.
The lost is to "you" because "you" go and will be unable to because of nothing that has to do with golf/golf tornaments.
What I posted was as it relates to any perception of a great loss to the NJ and local economy. I too do a considerable amount of golf entertaining. First year without a foursome in the Shoprite event going back to the 90s because it was cancelled. (other than the few years it wasn't held because of Annica's event)

·
Registered
22,493 Posts
I don't know about State but the National Events bring in out of towners who need shelter, food, entertainment and transportation. For instance, I'd bring three to such a tournament. That meant plane, hotel or on site shelter like a condo, breakfast and dinners et al. Tickets for the course club house. We did this Friday through Sunday I wasn't the only one there that did this. So the "local" community does get a surge to their economy.
You are correct that locals do exactly what you have written. That's because it's a local held event but locals are not the only one in attendence.

I just read how you seemed to put going down and inquired why you bothered to go to two.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts