BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This day last year the water temp at the dock was around 30 degrees and we had over three inches of ice. Today it is forty three degrees.

Thats why I believe that fish move by amount of daylight rather than water temp. It's much more accurate. Today we have a thirteen degree difference from last year. Today we have the same amount of sunlight as this day last year.

Water temp will effect feeding and water depth a lot more than migratory movement.

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
Bob, your point is proven whenever there is an eclipse of the sun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for that observation Fred. Just makes me more anxious to get back down there and chunk some bellies. Any update on your spring flounder tournament?

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shortly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How did you get so smart Fred ? You are the ultimate " Go to Guy " for fishing.
Not serving breakfast but you can still stop by for coffee even though Pete's not around !

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
As a result of the warmer winter water I look for an early start on Stripers (I think wintering population is high in CMC this year) and we should see early start on Fluke around first full moon in April

That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
As a result of the warmer winter water I look for an early start on Stripers (I think wintering population is high in CMC this year) and we should see early start on Fluke around first full moon in April

That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Heck with the Ospreys... forget the herring.... Spring is almost here when FROGGY SIGHTINGS begin :D :D

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Originally posted by striper2278:
We should have a great spring flounder season in the back! Or I hope so anyways!
Skip, when does the season open for flounder and what are the regs. I don't usually fish for them but might this year if I want some fish for the table. Sometimes a 28" bass is tough to find for the land based angler in the back.

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Keeper... I think they publish this year's flounder regs on March 1st or 2nd....just a couple days away

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.