BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this year family wants to go somewhere new for us and I have heard some good things about Va Beach/Outer Banks. Seems they do Surf and pier fishing both Ocean and Bay Side
The question is what location and what month for the best surf fishing?

·
Registered
589 Posts
For Hatteras, its hard to say because you have to factor in the new rules if you want to drive on the beach. I always loved mid Oct to mid Nov when the red drum are caught sometimes in big numbers at the Hatteras Point. Maybe others will have a better opinion. Ill be there in Nov as usual, but skipping the Spring trip until I see how things shake out down there. A lot of question marks.

Im also curious what other places can be good that allow beach driving.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Highly recommend making the push past Hatteras for Ocracoke!!! If you do, the earlier the better. If you can get there in late May/early June, probably still have a shot at a big red or a bass. Blackbeard's Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. Can drive on the beach down there fairly openly.

Stop in Red Drum Tackle in Buxton to load up on tackle. They have been instrumental in fighting the good fight for access at Cape Point all the while seeing their business go elsewhere as people just dont come down any more because of the closures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts