BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have any thoughts on the Fin Nor Offshore 7500 spinning reel for BFT?

Seems like a reasonably priced reel that I could use for jigging and popping BFT. What do you think?

And if it is a reasonable option...what to match it with?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I fished the Fin Nor OS85 for BFT. It worked for fish up to 150lbs. Very heavy, bulky, not smooth with a lot of back play in the handle but it worked and I had no failures. I couldn't stand the things above so I got rid of it. If you were looking at an inexpensive reel to jig the local BFT I would look into the Diawa Exceler 6500T. A much better investment and better reel IMHO over the Fin Nor OS75.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
The Daiwa has a little more line capacity then the Penn but the specs seem to be about the same with the Penn have more bearings.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
The Daiwa has a little more line capacity then the Penn but the specs seem to be about the same with the Penn have more bearings.

Load them with braid and you shouldn't have a problem. I picked up a Conquer 8000 this year along with the Sargosa 18000 FA. Should be able to give them real workout come the 4 day trip.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Avoid the saragosas like the plaugue for tuna.They are good for fish maybe up to 100lbs if ur lucky, great striper reel or other inshore game.I had 1 2 yrs ago 1st trip melted drag washers upgraded them, and they sent me new plastic pcs for lower drag knob at same time wondered why, found out second trip. Melted them as well! Daiwas IMHO are the way to go they are super smooth and built tough, they have performed above and beyond their intended uses.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Check out the Fox spinner on our site, I was very impressed with the less expensive one ($489.00). Its 100% metal, has a good looking drag stack. Will be showing them this weekend at Suffern, NY ASA show.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Talk to Capt Steve Bent from the Free Spirit he uses all Fin Nor reels for bluefin jigging and has landed some big fish when we had them at the Claw a few years ago. Also have been waiting to hear how the new Canyon spinning reel makes out down south.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.