BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it, I gotta get out. NOAA, seas 1 ft. winds South at 5-10 knts. High of 51 degrees on Thursday. I have a consolodated boat license, you don't need one. I don't care if you fish plugs, rubber or some sort of meat. I move around alot to find fish and I'll drift 100% of the time. By Thursday I think the water on the flats will be much clearer, and warmer by a couple degrees. They're getting a few fish now. Somebodies got to step out there. You all pretty much know what boat I'm running.
First guy to post I'm in and can meet me at Havre de Grace Thursday morning at 7 AM is the guy I'll be fishing with. I fish long and hard, if the fish aren't happening I'm reasonable.
Anyone interested??????

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Good luck to you John! Still a bunch of debris out there, and water clarity is still poor. Having said that, i heard some reports of big fish being caught on fresh herring in the deeper channels!!! If I get my boat back this week, i'll be there next saturday (NVL< are you in???):)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hey John,

I am feeling the need for some pullage myself. Any chance you'll consider the Calvert rips instead of the flats? I don't think the flats will be ready yet. I know that the rips are. I will have more info tomorrow afternoon. A buddy is hitting the rips tomorrow morning for a half day. If you haven't fished there before it is a good place to get an off season fix.

Let me know....If not I will probably wait a couple more weeks or until my sources tell me the game is on.

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The CCNP warm water discharge is producing some nice fish for guys LTJ fishing. Some guys are catching nice rock in the lower Big D too on bait. Some nice days and no rain and it'll be game on!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's still flooded up here in PA. Harrisburg is over caution level. All the brown water will flow to the Flats and things will be terrible for a week or so..... maybe more.

Trout opens here in 6 days. I would say forget about the stripers and pick up your 3wt and catch some trout.

Same thing happened last year, all the brown water with all the debris makes fishing with a fly rod almost impossible! Nobody caught anything! only the bait chuckers using a live spot with heavy tackle! Why pretend?

Salt water fish with a flyrod are no where as much fun as flyrod fishing for trout....... up here in God's Country anyway!! Do you like to put a clothspin on your nose every time you flyfish the smelly waters?

While you are dodging trees in the brown, smelly water chasing the sick infected bass, I will be catching trout in the clear, Heavenly waters with a lite fly rod!

Different Strokes for Different Folks!

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Flyguy It's now Sunday. Did you get out & about??

WCH Sounds good too me. When things were "normal" we made a few trout trips a year, usually to Rosco. Lately it's been to the SW USA. Always like trouting cause, "trout live in pretty places."

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron

Hey Ron, not out yet, tryin to make a first trip. Ron, all I do is fly fish but I don't fish trout. I have the Brandywine at my back door, litteraly. When I need a freshwater fix, Smallmouth is my game.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Calvert

Bob, I'd definetly consider Calvert. Fished there many times. Always did well at the gas docks till 9-11 shut it down. Cedar Point, Hoopers Light, Hoopers Island bridge, oh yea, I know the place. I'd have to figure, lots of big fish stageing up down there now, waiting to head up bay. I generaly put in at the Solomans. Long drive but I'm no stranger to that. hearing that report about water levels at Harrisburg, sounds like the flats will be too dirty for awhile yet. So, yea I'll do Calvert Cliffs. Let me know. My boat, your boat? won't matter to me. I'm ready, spring maintenance wise.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Flyguy784 said:
Hey Ron, not out yet, tryin to make a first trip. Ron, all I do is fly fish but I don't fish trout. I have the Brandywine at my back door, litteraly. When I need a freshwater fix, Smallmouth is my game.[/quote]

Hey John, if you ever want some company, I'd love to go!!! Smallies are a blast, they have spunk!:)

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dixie noormiss said:
Flyguy784 said:
Hey Ron, not out yet, tryin to make a first trip. Ron, all I do is fly fish but I don't fish trout. I have the Brandywine at my back door, litteraly. When I need a freshwater fix, Smallmouth is my game.[/quote]

Hey John, if you ever want some company, I'd love to go!!! Smallies are a blast, they have spunk!:)
You got it, if my Triton doesn't sell before the season starts I'll be running it up the Sckulkyll for some spring Smallies. We had a great season up there last year. Lots of 14-16 inchers and a few 18-20's thrown in to keep it interesting. If it does sell, I still do alot of wadeing for them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
B'Wine

Hey John,
when do your start in the B'wine for smallies? I'm getting into it myself this year and will be fishing down closer to Wilmington. Water looks pretty cold right now... I'm looking at it right now from my office:D.

Pete

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Smallmouth

Water now is cold. I've caught nice smallmouth in February. Like 4 hrs of fishing for two smallmouth, but nice fish. I generaly get a couple nice fish by drifting a olive or dark brown bugger deep. Takes are very slight, just a tic. Be ready. Another two weeks and it'll be streamer time, a little slower than normal on the strip. Baby smallmouth clousers are my favorite. For a hoot try nymphing a clouser craw fish. They'll get slammed. When things start happening with smallies I'll post such and be looking for guys that want to get out up here on the Schulkyll, I have some great spots. Took a couple 20 inchers last season.

·
Registered
135 Posts
longshanks said:
Hey John,
when do your start in the B'wine for smallies? I'm getting into it myself this year and will be fishing down closer to Wilmington. Water looks pretty cold right now... I'm looking at it right now from my office:D.

Pete
Where at in Wilmington? I fish from the Brandywhine River museam (sp?) in Chadds Ford all the way down to the mouth of the Christiana. I usually fish fresh water during the week and Salt on the weekends. I trout fish April and May, switch to smallies from June till the end of Sept. then go back to trout in October. Always looking for a partner.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Flyguy784 said:
Water now is cold. I've caught nice smallmouth in February. Like 4 hrs of fishing for two smallmouth, but nice fish. I generaly get a couple nice fish by drifting a olive or dark brown bugger deep. Takes are very slight, just a tic. Be ready. Another two weeks and it'll be streamer time, a little slower than normal on the strip. Baby smallmouth clousers are my favorite. For a hoot try nymphing a clouser craw fish. They'll get slammed. When things start happening with smallies I'll post such and be looking for guys that want to get out up here on the Schulkyll, I have some great spots. Took a couple 20 inchers last season.
John Thats sounds like a good time I always try to get out a few times and hit the delaware around yardley for some smallies on the fly. Always a good time especially the visual strikes.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Bounty htr said:
Where at in Wilmington? I fish from the Brandywhine River museam (sp?) in Chadds Ford all the way down to the mouth of the Christiana. I usually fish fresh water during the week and Salt on the weekends. I trout fish April and May, switch to smallies from June till the end of Sept. then go back to trout in October. Always looking for a partner.
I fish the B wine too! I live in DE, so if you're lookin' for a partner, give me a shout!!! I fish the lower susky a few times also...

Harry

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bounty htr said:
Where at in Wilmington? I fish from the Brandywhine River museam (sp?) in Chadds Ford all the way down to the mouth of the Christiana.
BH-I have been fishing upstream of the Aug. cut-off bridge to around Hagley. I have been keeping my eye tidal portion of the river down near the hospital for herring... could have swore that I saw a large swirl yesterday! Ever caught stripers up there?

Let's get Harry and do some fishing!!
Pete

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I have caught Stripers there as well as right in front of the B wine zoo. Can be great action on a 5 or 6 wt at times. We deffinetly need to get together this season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts