BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any additional info on the TI Reef Tournament this Saturday 5/20? I heard it basically pits Sea Isle against Avalon for all the bragging rights North and South of TI. I believe the tourney is for flatties only. Any details would be great... who is planning on fishing it? Thanks

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Im in ! gonna sign up at my wifes tackle on friday

·
Registered
48 Posts
It is from 5am to 5pm on Saturday 5/20. It is for fluke only and I believe the eligible area is from Corson's to Hereford in the back and out to 3NM. In Avalon, you can enter at Moran's, Hodge Podge and I believe Roseman's in Stone Harbor. There are a couple of places in SIC but I don't know which ones. It's $20. You get a TI Reef T-shirt and the proceeds are going to help build the TI Reef they started last fall.

·
Registered
881 Posts
This is a great idea and if I'd known abt it sooner I would have gotten in. Got some live eels at My Wife's last Sat.
Heard they are already getting tog on the TI reef from Esox.
Wish they'd do a Sea Isle vs Avalon shark or tuna tournament, but all those big shots in Avalon only want to fish in 6 figure tournaments (only kidding I think)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Moran's Offshore Tournament usually has a few side bets for those leaving from the north side of Townsends' Inlet.

Check it out the last weekend in July or ask at the store.

Besides, the BBQ on Sunday is worth the money.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
you can enter at my wifes and gibsons in sea isle

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks like this Thread just helped me decide which day I will be fishing this weekend.

Great Idea to help the reef...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wish i had known about it earlier.

I second Fishing Luhrs....SIC vs. Avalon shark or tuna tourneys would be great! They do not have to be for big $$$, more fun than anything.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If that develops (tuna or shark...Avalon vs. Sea Isle) I would be in.

I don't post often but follow along when I can.

A "North vs. South" thing would be a blast.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Im in on that as well (tuna/shark) spooled your always invited ! In fact you can play skipper if you like. One of my lurker buddies let me know about this post

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I have fished the Moran's Offshore Tourney a couple times... lots of fun, good fisherman, lots of after hour beer :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts