BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fisherman mag has the prposed GPS area for the reef they are talking about for outside TI Inlet.
Basically the reef would be between the Sea Isle Lump buoy and the Avalon shoal bouy on the chart.

If you know the small lumps that are just offshore of the SI Lump. The small lump that is in 28' of water would be the NW corner.
Size wise it looks like it would be about the size of OC reef and WW reef. I just wish it was a little more offshore. The GE reef and Cape may reef seem to be better and they are outside 5 miles. The OC and WW reef are inside 5 miles and dont seem to hold as much fish. Just my observation.

Well I hope they make the reef a reality.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I do plan on writting Bill with my support.

I wrote him in the past asking for the site.
Since Corsons and Herfords Inlets are basically impassable or at least dangerous. Most people in that area use the TI Inlet.
OC reef and WW reef are 10 miles away and arent the best reefs. The Cape May reef is 17 miles and GE is 20 so we needed a reef closer to home.

I'll take the reef wherever they will put it. But I would like it out further.
The WW and OC are around 5 miles out and do not produce like the GE and Cape May which are 7 miles out.

But anywhere they want to put it is fine.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
604 Posts
I agree that the reef should be placed a bit further out at least 7 prefferably even 10 miles out, as I feel these deeper water structures hold more and larger fish. Wherever they put it, it's gonna get crowded! just my $.02

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would also like to see the reef further out. Archie, is there an email address to comment on this proposal? Do you know if the process is flexible or if they are committed to the currently proposed location?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.