BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the inlet a little late today - as I was going out there was a black/yelllow sea tow boat returning thru the inlet. At the same time there was someone on the radio stayng they just watched a Tug Boat being sunk on the TI Reef.

He had the numbers but did not give them out over the radio. Can someone confirm this? I knew they were going to start a TI reef but I am supprized but glad to know it has already started. The chatter on the radio mentioned there was a barge in the works along with some reef balls.

This is all great news if it can be confirmed.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mole/Aimless thank you for the reply(s). This is all certainly good news.

I will be checking this weekend to see how deep she was sunk. This should make the spring a little more exciting.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
so it is true ! that is great news. I have been waiting for this to happen. is it 3-4 miles off the beach like they originally planned

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am hoping it is a little further than 4 miles. I will find out this weekend when I do a little prospecting.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
was down the beach on fri and had 3. Sunday I hung around on the backside and had the skunk but saw a few caught. how about you ?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I've been asking for the TI reef to be more than 4 miles out but all the info I have seen has told me it will be in the 3-4 mile range.
I agree that it needs to be further out but its still better than nothing.

Any numbers would be appreciated.

Best of Luck
Rob

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Here was the proposed site. It will hold fish in time.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
High Wire, That map is right on the money. I went looking for the Tug on my way out on Saturday and found it I would say roughly 4 miles out right within the square on your map.

·
Registered
529 Posts
A great place to catch a Thresher in a few years.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Spread the word... Lets fill that reef with materials.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.